Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cheap packable winter jacket – road | mtb | just riding
  • butcher

This one has been alluding me for a long time. I’m sure the ideal option is to cough up and pay £200-£300 on Goretex something or other. But I’m tight and absolutely refuse to do that.

My Dhb windproof handled the summer valiantly, but last weekend when temps were closing down on zero, the winds were howling and the rain was travelling sideways: the resulting dampness took its toll. So it’s time…

Time to get my wallet out, and spend, say £50 🙂

Ideally, I would plan to have it in my pocket most of the time. Just need it to keep the rain out when it falls. I got an Aldi jacket last year, or the year before and it’s just not packable so you have to boil the entire ride. I can live with it if it’s just as and when necessary.

Was thinking about going for another DHB jacket (they do seem to be very good for budget clothing) but fancy something different as I seem to be picking up a lot of DHB stuff!

I’m built like a current day Eddy Mercxk rather than a race weight Eddy Mercxk, so no racing snake attire, please.

mekon
    Free Member

Im happy with my altura mayhem.

mekon
    Free Member

Doesn’t fit in a pocket mind…

Simon

Does it needs to be waterproof or is just showerproof enough?

butcher

Does it needs to be waterproof or is just showerproof enough?

I would say my windproof is showerproof, which I’m happy with on that level. What showerproof means in real terms, I don’t know. But basically, this would be my absolute worst weather jacket, for when the the rain is almost breaking through your skin. So yeah, I’d prefer that it kept everything out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cheap packable winter jacket – road | mtb | just riding’ is closed to new replies.