Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cheap or loan 31.6 seat post – Surrey/Berkshire
  • stevextc
    Free Member

So I just went mad an got a new used frame… and I have everything needed in the shed (now on the frame) except a seat post … It’s perhaps on the large size… due to my stumpy legs but for what I paid it will fill a gap…

(For anyones interest it’s a Nukeproof AM frame in L and the intended use to start with is sticking it on uplifts…)

Anyway…. the only thing stopping me giving it a test ride at the moment is the lack seat tube.  Once I work out the height I’ll order a dropper but I’m not expecting to get a long one in… would be cool if anyone local had one I can try until I get the height sorted… even just for one ride or has one they want to sell.  Given it’s just a temporary/backup thing I don’t want to spend on anything fancy…

I managed to get/order a debonair airshaft to take my Pike’s to 160mm… but its running at 140mm till Tredz deliver 😀  (so could be any time in the next year?) …

LittleNose
    Free Member

Once I get home I’ll check to see if I have one, if I do you’re more than welcome to borrow it to get you going – even if it’s on a bike.

I’m in Dorking / work in Woking.

weeksy

Nah, sorry mate, only 30.9s.

stevextc
    Free Member

Cheers chaps ….

Littlenose … that’s ideal… I reckon I can get out to Surrey Hills and give it a blast of an evening…. see what height I can get away with.  I’m in Woking so we can work out how I get it back..(I’m away end of this week) hence wanting to work out the height I can get away with and then I can order a dropper once I know what I’ve got to play with…

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Got a RaceFace 31.6 in Farnham you can borrow if you need.

stevextc
    Free Member

Cheers idiotdogbrain 😀

I’ll see how little nose works out..(once he gets home to check). since he works in Woking and I live here… it might be easier to work out how to pick-up drop off… before Thursday evening…

Tiger6791

31.6 in Egham

More than welcome to it 🙂

stevextc
    Free Member

I just realised when little nose said “get home” he meant from Morzine ….so since I’m off away on Friday AM leaves Egham or Farnham…. both of which will give a little blast over Swinley

Thinking about it if anyone’s selling one cheap it might not be a bad idea as a back-up post anyway.

(Or tiger if you have a fav charity or beer … :D)

I doubt I’ll get away with testing in my old Englefield Green test run… when I used to fly down the steps at RHBNC many decades ago… but I should be able to get Swinley in before dark…

Tiger6791

Trying to not drink so if you want chuck a fiver at an Air Ambulance or MR of choice.

It’s sat here and I’m in all day, just PM for the address

Created a new Segment also 🙂

https://www.strava.com/segments/18453947/embed

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Mine’s an inline post, don’t know if you prefer that or the Ritchey setback above..

stevextc
    Free Member

Mine’s an inline post, don’t know if you prefer that or the Ritchey setback above..

Hard to say till I try 😀  I reckon my reach will be good on a setback and it’s got a really short stem at the moment…but I’m either long bodied or short legged 😀  depending how I look on it 😀

LittleNose
    Free Member

I’m back home… and have a 350mm Easton one you’re welcome to borrow.

I realise you’ve got options, but I’ll bring it with me to Woking (Knaphill) tomorrow in case you want it.

stevextc
    Free Member

Cheers little nose…. I took Tiger up and then went for a blast at Swinley…. I’ve still only got 140mm on the front but I was pleasantly surprised how well the Nukeproof pedals… though that said, I did find is how much I miss a dropper…

I was also surprised I got the saddle up to 195mm from top of collar to saddle rails… which is looking like a possible 125mm dropper… or awaiting slightly longer term testing an on-one dropper…  or just go for a cheap option on the dropper???

Quite surprised on the 140mm version… pedal mode on forks and shock and it flew around Swinley… the 11-28 rear and 34T chainring didn’t leave much option for going slower… but I’m now wondering if this might even replace the T-130???  It wasn’t the plan … I’d thought to keep the T-130 for more pedally stuff… and of course I’ve yet to stick in the 160mm airshaft….

LittleNose
    Free Member

glad you got sorted and had a blast about.

Hoping to get out to Swinley myself later in the week.

stevextc
    Free Member

Cheers… though I bet Morzine was better 😀   Hopefully I’ll get another evening ride this week and try and tune the shock.  Very impressed with the CC DB so far but way more involved than setting up a Monarch…

Mainly, I sorted out my biggest worry with the large frame… as I’ve got stubby legs … so it looks like I’ll get 125mm dropper in… but it will have to wait on finances… The length felt great…. and using the offset seat post let me think I’ll not have to be obsessed with the shortest stem possible… the one I used was borrowed off the kids bike since he nicked my Hope AM/FR….

I just got my 203 post to post adapter (£2.50) so that free’s up the 180mm I can put on the front of the Whyte… which is otherwise rebuilt back at 130mm…

One of the shims was missing from the headset but as an unexpected bonus the Nukeproof ones are on sale at £12.50… (separately) so I’ve ordered them simply because at that price its as cheap as bearings… (which obviously are needed at some point…

I’ve been a bit lazy on the crown race…. the existing FSA Orbit one seems to fit OK… but I should probably sort the Nukeproof one on to match the lower headset…I should probably dip that when I pull the forks to fit the 160mm debonair shaft…

Tiger6791

Whatever you do don’t forget your ruler and allen key//// 🙂

stevextc
    Free Member

Whatever you do don’t forget your ruler and allen key

Yeah bummed about the ruler…. nice metal one… though not so much the cost as I hate mis-placing tools and not having them when needed.. though I was doubly pissed with myself as last weekend I left a go-bag stuffed with replacement stuff… 2 new chains, 2 new pads, spare disc rotors, chain wheels, cables, olives etc. I take out usually just when Jnr is racing… even a spare caliper… and shock pump… (basically nearly enough to rebuild a bike if/when he crashes in practice)…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cheap or loan 31.6 seat post – Surrey/Berkshire’ is closed to new replies.