Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cheap or free audio software for Mac
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Hi

I would like some basic audio software for my Mac. All I want to do is to be able to take a large (or rather long) WAV file, and be able to split it into smaller segements. Once I have chopped these up, I would like to be able to play them back in such a way that there is no gap between tracks.

Are any audio experts able to point me in the direction of some suitable software. My budget is around £20.

Cheers!

Simon

Three_Fish
    Free Member

What OS? Don’t you have GarageBand?

CaptJon
    Free Member

Quicktime Pro can do that sort of thing, i think

geoffj
    simonralli2
    Free Member

Hi – I am using Mac OS X.

I did have Garageband but I then deleted it thinking that I wouldn’t use it. However, if I buy it again it costs around a tenner so that does not seem too bad. Will I be able to work using WAV files using it?

Cheers

Simon

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Yes; you can import WAVs into GarageBand.

If your Mac came with GarageBand then it’ll be on your Instal disc. Just reinstall from there.

Maltloaf

You should be able to reinstall garage band from the dvd you got with your machine.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cheers folks

I am in the UK and I think the disk is in Brazil but I should be reunited with it next month 😀

geoffj

Audacity will do what you need it to very well. It would be worth having a look at it whilst you wait to be reunited with your Garage Band dvd

simonralli2
    Free Member

Thanks for all your help offered. I’ll check out Audacity.

My album was number 34 in the Amazon global world music dance charts yesterday so I am thinking about recording two more albums 😀

Zukemonster
    Free Member

+1 for audacity it will do all you need and more.

and its free I believe.

If you want something with a bit of a better interface I would recommend Sound Sudio, its on the app store and costs £20.99.

mboy
    Free Member

+1 for audacity it will do all you need and more.

and its free I believe

Audacity is FREE indeed.

And it’s better than a lot of paid for software.

I use it for the very purpose you have described, and I have a lot of other software avaiable to use, but I like Audacity cos it’s pretty simple, effective and easy to use.

composite
    Free Member

+1 for audacity.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cheap or free audio software for Mac’ is closed to new replies.