Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cheap-o bike packing frame bag
  • christof
    Free Member

Anyone seen or used these?
    Don’t think i can justify the cost of an Alpkit or other such brand, not at least until I’ve given it a couple of goes first!
    £20, is it worth the gamble?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171123593943?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
    Cheers, Chris

shermer75
    Free Member

One way to find out I suppose. Are you sure it will fit your frame?

jameso

Add a lower strap if it’s not stable enough (I think it’ll sway annoyingly if full, off-road) and for £20 it’s probably worth a try. But you could just use a camelbak and a couple of drybags strapped to saddle and bar and not bother with a frame bag.

core

Cheap enough to try shirley, fit could be ok if angles of your bike are vaguely similar to the giant in the add.

A lot of people, like James, say you can get away without a frame bag, but I guess it depends how much you personally want to carry on your back?

stevemorg2

might be a lot more than £20 if you get hit with duty and handling charge! I ordered a Janddframe bag (which is excellent BTW) from the US for @£25 and by the time it got to me it cost nearer £45.

is it worth looking at this? https://www.alpkit.com/products/possum – if you don’t get into it you could always sell it on

Lester
    Free Member

the ad says no extra charges import or otherwise?

core

There is a bit in the eBay ad about the handling and import, it’s all done by the shipping company, pre-calculated and paid through eBay/paypal up front.

core

Those Alpkit bags are half the size & twice the price.

I see tweeks cycles sell some Ibera gear, may be worth seeing if they can get them imported.

jameso

You can get away with a rucksack just for the odd trip if you pack light, comfier not to use one though. Just saying don’t let the lack of or expense of a frame bag stop you getting out at first.

breadcrumb

If you get one post back on here. I might get one for my commuter and the odd bike packing trip if I ever get round to trying it!

christof
    Free Member

So I have decided to give this a go, at currently under £20, I don’t think you can go to far wrong!
    Once it has arrived and had a little use, I’ll put something up!

gazc
    Free Member

looks good for £20 – but you’ll be better off fixing a down tube strap onto it to stop it swinging side to side. would be interested in seeing how you get on with it as i’d be interested for my commuter (have a revelate tangle bag already for mtb)

scandal42
    Free Member

Any update on the quality of this bag?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cheap-o bike packing frame bag’ is closed to new replies.