• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by daern.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cheap Microdrive compatiple wheelset
  • beanieripper
    Free Member

Hi all,

Ok so my cheapish build where I build a new bike and use parts from the old one is spiralling a bit upwards. New frame means i can only run 1x up front and coming from 2×9 and ocasionally needing a 22-34 im probably going 12spd. Cheapo eagle and the bad reviews it gets put me off so im thinking whilst im at it i may as well go shimano 12spd. What are my options for cheap microdrive wheelsets? I can buy some cheap mavic xds locally and fit a freehub but the id360 hubs sounds pretty unreliable. cheap fulcrum red zones about which i could maybe get a freehub for but the last pair of fulcrums put me right off, any ideas??

simondbarnes

I’d buy an SLX hub and build it into your rim of choice.

beanieripper
    Free Member

But they are blue….

marksnook
    Free Member

Just use a sunrace hd 12 speed cassette? Opens up masses of cheap wheels with shimano freehub then

marksnook
    Free Member

Where did hd come from?! Cheers phone!

wzzzz
    Free Member

Microdrive you say?

adomanim
    Free Member

Cheers. Only downside I can see to the Slash is the length (and maybe st angle), I need something longer than my enduro so I can get rid of the daft 60mm stem.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

daern
    Free Member

I’d buy an SLX hub and build it into your rim of choice.

I wouldn’t, personally. I know that Shimano love them, but the rest of the world has moved away from cup and cone and this spannerer is glad to see the back of them too.

hatter

DT Swiss M or E 1900?

Both available in MicroSpline now.

confused58

Happy with my Hunt Trail wides at £360 a set!

dirkpitt74

Why not just go 11 speed?
    Wide range 11-46t cassette and a 30 or 32 up front.

daern
    Free Member

Why not just go 11 speed?
    Wide range 11-46t cassette and a 30 or 32 up front.

When I swapped groupsets last month, it cost me £350 for an XT M8100 drivetrain groupset (cranks, chainring, 11-51 cassette, chain, rear mech, shifter), plus another £50-ish for the Micro Spline freehub for my Pro2 Evos. So, £400 all-in.

I guess everyone’s got their own definition of cheap, but I didn’t think this was too insanely priced. Or, to put it another way, the bike had M9000 XTR on it before so obviously, I priced up rebuilding it with M9100. I couldn’t even get the XTR crankset and chainring for the price I paid for the whole XT groupset!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Microdrive compatiple wheelset’ is closed to new replies.