Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cheap holdall and flying
  • yacoby
    Free Member

So I have a dirt cheap holdall, acquired off my parents that they bought at a sale in decathlon. (Paid < £10 for it apparently).

I am going down to Morzine in a week or so and my parents raised the concern that it could be damaged on the flight on the way down. Anyone ever had this sort of problem or are my parents worrying over nothing.

robh

I’ve had soft bags dammanged by baggage handlers twice, so yes it’s possible, assume you mean in the hold rather than carry on.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yes but I fly a lot and see some of the stuff other people fly with, a £10 holdall is not in the bottom 20% of luggage 🙂

footflaps

I’ve flown with a cheap holdall, it ripped open on it’s first trip. I now use expensive Berghaus Mule bags and they seem to be pretty indestructible.

shifter
    Free Member

They do their best to sling them around with one handle, so I’d zip-tie the handles together if I were you.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

This is what your luggage goes through (although they do seem to have edited out the ‘trial by wrecking ball’ bit which did for my ‘indestructible’ suitcase :roll:)

fasthaggis

We bought covers to put over our expensive gear bags,they worked well. Good for big backpacks and holdalls as it keeps all the straps out of the way.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

You could always industrial shrink wrap it. Some airports have the machines to do it for you too for a couple of quid.

Or just buy a decent holdall. You will use it again and again, and if you get a good one, you’ll probably never have to replace it.

£29.99 Job done

yacoby
    Free Member

Cheers for the feedback. I may go and look for a tougher one then.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cheap holdall and flying’ is closed to new replies.