• This topic has 21 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by CHB.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • cheap expensive coffee hunting!
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought some of this:

(Blue mountain coffee beans)

I got it from ebay at a “too good to be true” price and to be honest I wasn’t expecting it to be the “good stuff”, well it sure as hell tastes great and it turns out that the lass I bought it off buys it in bulk in 250g bags almost weekly as she shifts quite a bit of it, I’ve just ordered 4x250g more as I’ve already made a bit of a dent in the first bag and I negotiated a bit of a good price, if anyones interested I’ll probably put in another order in a couple of weeks time drop me a line if your interested (I’m not selling the stuff, just ordering it for myself and you can try some at the bulk price?)

my next mission is to find a stupid cheap source of Kopi Luwak as I’m up for giving that a taste, anyone know who imports it??

Frankers
    Free Member

Looks good 🙂

bruneep

£?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    psychle
    Free Member

is that the £4.99 stuff on ebay? it does seem a bit ‘too good to be true’ doesn’t it?

MrNutt
    Free Member

yes it is, I figured I’d take a punt on it and the result comes out like Guinness and tastes great, really smooth, little to no bitterness and throughly addictive! 🙂

The lass I bought it from is called: tulips2008 on ebay, if you drop her a line tell her that I recommended her and she might do you a good deal!

I called whittards outlet store and they quoted me £75.00 for 250g x4 lets just say that its considerably better value from her! 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

that’s what I mean… seems way too cheap (though if it tastes good enough who cares right? 🙂 )

MrNutt
    Free Member

yep I’m a great believer in “if it sounds too good to be true it probably isn’t”, that said this coffee tastes better than anything I’ve bought previous! I’m a happy customer! 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

I’ll have a pack if you’re getting some more in. I remember it from whittards because they give you half a kilo of free coffee when you buy a machine from them. Sadly, blue mountain wasn’t included in the offer 🙁

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

MrNutt. The Bean Shop does Kopi Luwak http://www.thebeanshop.com/shop/detail.asp?prodid=100027%5D. We get all our tea and coffee there

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive been in touch with tulips and she has quoted £30 for 4x250g delivered as a “Buy it Now” price.

Seems good value to me if it’s even half as good as it’s supposed to be.

Will report back next week then…

MrAgreeable

Ca Phe Vn do civet coffee for a fair bit cheaper than the place mentioned above. A friend got some for Christmas and it was really rather good.

http://www.caphevn.co.uk/buy-vietnamese-coffee-online.html#weasel_coffee

MrNutt
    Free Member

have you got yours stoner? mine arrived and its a good as the first one, roasted in Dec too 🙂

bruneep

There’s a wrongness about that weasel sh1t coffee

MrNutt
    Free Member

yes, but as the days go by I’m becoming more and more intrigued!

chewkw
    Free Member

MrNutt

How do you drink it?

Espresso? Cappuccino? Latte? Filter?

What machine do you use? Espresso machine?

What grinder do you use?

:mrgreen:

MrNutt
    Free Member

Espresso or occasionally Cappuccino
    Gaggia Classic (the older polished steel not the brushed finish one, no plastic in the portafilter)
    Duralit burr (and I’ve got one of those wood & steel tamps)

I’m looking at getting a bottomless portafilter, if only for the novelty of watching it flood from beneath!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

[troll] And WHAT’s wrong with Nescaffe???? [/troll]

CHB

Only ever tried Blue Mountain once, in Bettys.
    Thought it was OK, but not even close to being worth the money.
    Now a good Sumatran coffee…yum!

MrNutt
    Free Member

CHB, would you say its worth £30 for 4x250g

I’m drinking a cup of it now and I gotta say I think it was money well spent (and cheaper than nice booze)

Stoner
    Free Member

Mine’s arrived, but Im just finishing off some bog standard stuff before opening it. As you say December roast too.

chewkw
    Free Member

MrNutt,

Same here with Gaggia Classic but I will modify the steam wand when I have time as the foam produce is not that good at the moment.

🙂

CHB

Maybe I need to try it again, and savour it a little more. I think it’s a bit like Krug champagne, bloody nice but not much different to stuff costing a lot less.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘cheap expensive coffee hunting!’ is closed to new replies.