Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cheap European breakdown cover?
  • sherry
    Free Member

Looking to get some cheap European breakdown cover. Mercedes Vito 51 plate. I have the basic AA cover and they quoted £223 for one month cover in 2 zones France, Belgium, Germany, Holland, Italy, spain. Im not going to all these countries. This includes relay cover to take you home in case van is unrepairable. Seems expensive to me! Any good alternatives out there?
    Cheers.

weeksy

Vehicle rescue direct

jon1973
    Free Member

I use Green Flag. The first year I paid £100 for annual cover in the UK and Europe. After the first year it dropped to about £60 (no call out discount). I think I get everything for that, including repatriation for us and the car if they can’t fix at the roadside or a local garage.

jonk

Europe assist, and i’ve used them in france. They were fantastic.

ivantate
    Free Member

Getting good cover in france was the problem when I was looking because the cheap places wanted you to pay for the rwmoval feom the motorway.
    So europe assist sems good if its proven to work.

kilo

I use ETA

Breakdown Cover

not sure if they are the cheapest but were very very good getting me back from the Duo Normand a couple of years ago when the car went bang

sherry
    Free Member

Cheers! Rescue direct looks like not too bad a deal and seems to be good cover. AA prices are crazy!

superfli
    Free Member

ADAC, German equivalent of AA (In fact they send AA to you in UK).
    Covers Western Europe for you, so whatever you are driving or riding (to a certain degree I suppose!)
    About 70euro/year.

Mugboo

AA have room to manoeuvre on price.

andypaul99
    Free Member

dont forget also to upgrade your car insurance too as fully comp insurance defaults to third party only when abroad in most cases,

With the breakdown cover i got it through my insurance company , direct line it was £167 for 3 months with all the benefits so wasnt too bad. id try your ins company defo worth a shot

dooosuk
    Free Member

ADAC +1

ransos
    Free Member

Britannia Rescue. They let you upgrade to European cover on a pro rata basis. So we renew each August, then upgrade the following July if we’re going to France. Ends up costing about £15 extra.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cheap European breakdown cover?’ is closed to new replies.