Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Cheap CX/Commuter ideas? (Kona Dew Drop content)
  • TheFopster
    Free Member

Dear STW massive.
    I am in the process of buying a house. After perusing the OS maps, have figured out that I can replace my current “cycle and you’ll die” rat-run commute (which I therefore do in a car – the shame of it) with a nice safe mix of cycle paths with a bit of bridleway and “a footpath, you say? I was sure this was a bridleway” at either end. Before the erosion nazis jump in I should point out that the cheeky bits are across ploughed fields where farmer Giles has neglected to leave a proper path so no unique habitats will be destroyed. Unlike my road bike if I use on this route. And so to my question…

The route is 80% tarmac paved, with 20% mud and track. I was thinking about a cheap CX bike, and have noticed you can get a Kona Dew Drop super cheap at the moment. Not really a CX bike but tough as old boots and dead cheap (did I say that already?). It has disks for the mud, and if I stick on some cross tyres sounds like just the ticket. What do you think?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Go for it, mudguards will help and if you like it a lot there will be plenty frames to upgrade to soon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Cheap CX/Commuter ideas? (Kona Dew Drop content)’ is closed to new replies.