Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Cheap Chinese carbon SS 29er frame. Is there such a thing ?
  • Just a wild idea that I probably won’t follow up on, but supposing I wanted to build a lightweight single speed 29er without a tensioner, are there any cheap carbon frame options about ?
    EBB or sliders, I’m not fussy.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Anything with pf30 and then use

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Light Bicycle plus the above?

plus-one

I’ve done the same with a chinese cx frame.. I used beer components ebb and I must admit I was sceptical about slippage etc.. I needn’t have worried it works brill and looks clean 8)

image by Plus one2010, on Flickr

Good idea, I hadn’t thought of an adapter, but at an extra £126, it makes a cheap Chinese frame not so cheap.
    I’d rather buy a purpose built frame if I can.

D0NK

I like that plus one, looks seriously light.
    only thing that puts me off is I was adjusting rear wheel once a week minimum for chain wear on my sscx commuter in cruddy weather – that’s a lot of bb faffage.

But that looks more of a nice weather bestest bike so probably less of an issue 😉

(Better quality rings n chains than I used may help too)

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve got a barely used Problem Solvers ebb for £50 if you want Graham.

That puts me in a bit of a dilemma now, Rorschach.
    Up until five minutes ago, this was just another one of my crazy ideas.
    Now I’ve been offered an adapter at less than half price, I’ve got to either buy it, then go and search for that cheap chinese frame thread, give up on the idea, or put the whole thing off, then regret not buying the adapter when I had the chance.

Anyone got any links to cheap BB30 carbon frames. 😛

Rorschach
    Free Member

Not bb30 (42mm od)….pf30(46mm od)

Ah right, I haven’t looked at new frames for a long time and I haven’t kept up to date with all the new standards. I assumed they were the same thing.
    I’m reading through this now to try to learn. http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/complete-guide-to-bottom-brackets-36660/
    The only cheap carbon frames on ebay are BB30.

rOcKeTdOg

have a look on aliexpress.com loads of frames there with BB options

I just found aliexpress by searching for “carbon pf30 29er”. 😉

I don’t know whether buying the cheapest frame on a cheap web site is a good idea, but this is tempting at £208.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FR-202-Full-Carbon-MATT-MATTE-mountain-bike-MTB-29er-PF30-frame-17-5-19/698192370.html

Bigmantrials

I have the Fr216 Chinese carbon frame, I think it was about £210 posted from eBay, there are loads on there! I accidentally ordered a PF30 but found a press in Fsa adapter for a PF30 BB, the frame has been really good, very pleased for the price! There is a guy in a club I have been out with before who has the same frame with an eccentric BB setup and he said its been really good. Mine might go So nearer the end of the year.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member
    I’ve got a barely used Problem Solvers ebb for £50 if you want Graham.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

If MTG doesn’t take the EBB, I’d take it. I’ve been looking at doing the same thing with a Pf30 frame but the price of the EBB has been putting me off!

plus-one

Cheers Donk …

Not as much faff as it looks to adjust chain.. Slacken two bolts/tweak bb cups with lockring tool and tighten bolts 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Mtqg will get first swing of the bat but if he passes you’re more than welcome.Emither in profile (runs off to check).

Go ahead and sell the adapter to NotMyRealName, Rorschach, if he’s got a definite use for it.
    Like I said, this is just an idea.
    I’ve got my old Lynskey frame and fork sitting around doing nothing. I really ought to build that up before I start another project.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Chinese carbon SS 29er frame. Is there such a thing ?’ is closed to new replies.