Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 394 total)
  • Cheap Charge Plug 5 frames on Ebay
  • joshvegas
    Free Member

Its a standard no nonsense 1 and 1/8 external headset.

Like proper bikes ought to have

coomber
    Free Member

As above and one of the reasons I love mine

Torminalis
    Free Member

Look what you made me do!

superjohn71
    Free Member

Looks great; can’t wait to get mine sorted. 😀

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Tried a 1.75 Smart Sam in the back of the Plug today, alas it was not to be. Just got the wheel into the dropouts but wouldn’t turn for love nor money. Pity as I had these on an old cx bike and they were a hoot. Fitted a pair of miserly 32c small blocks instead. Still guards are of and I’m hoping to go a wee bit further off the beaten track again.

coomber
    Free Member

Good stuff chap. Keep the thread updated with pictures!

I’ve not used mine for 7 months following knee surgery but nearing the time where I can. Hoping weather stays good for a while longer

Torminalis
    Free Member

Final form. I do intend to move from a 36T to 40T soon but my legs are quite grateful of the low gearing in the Devon hills.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Has anyone actually fitted a 650b wheels and tyre in?

Andy

I seem to get a message a week about my xl frame. Just to confirm i sold it about 4 months ago 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

Anyone in need of a large? Got one doing nothing in a box, frame and fork available, lightly ridden before swapping it for a caad10 disc. Even have a matching charge stem somewhere too.

hollyboni
    Free Member

First time posting here, i’ll start with a shameless plug. 🙂

I’m selling a silver Charge Whisk fork with a 217mm steerer if anyone is interested:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/charge-whisk-road-cx-touring-disc-steel-fork-tange-tubing?replies=1#post-8611764

If everything goes right my build should be complete in the next few months, can’t wait to post about it here! I’m planning a Rival 1 group with TRP Sypres, Hunt 4 Season Gravel wheels and 35c Vittoria Voyager Hyper tyres. Should be a super sweet bike especially for me considering i’m coming from mostly low end used bikes.

atlaz
    Free Member

As an aside, I’ve got a fork from a charge plug 5 (black, from a size large frame) that I took off my frameset as the buyer only wanted the frame not the fork.

13thfloormonk

Atlaz, what sort of fork?

I’m looking for a fork for a Charge Plug funnily enough (different model, the alloy one). Needs canti mounts though…

atlaz
    Free Member

Disc… it’s from the plug 5 disc frameset sorry

scandal42
    Free Member

Is the fork different on each size then?

Is it lighter than the Kaffenback fork?

atlaz
    Free Member

No idea on weight. I was saying it was from an L as it’ll give an idea of the length of the steerer.

atlaz
    Free Member

Just weighed the fork, 1.2kg with disc brake adapter, bolts and headset bearings, spacers, top cap etc in place. CBA to strip it to find out the true weight but I’d guess you could lose 100-200g for all that crap.

scandal42
    Free Member

How much you looking for?

monkeyboyjc

https://flic.kr/p/X5jhqW
    Great ride on mine this morning – dropper post really opens up the options. Even did a few pump track laps.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Just received my frame – only ordered about this time yesterday! Got some dubious cheap forks on the way too, which I’ll swap for something better when a good deal comes along.

Planning on a 1×9 flat bar build with deore brakes and guards for commuting – not seen any other flat bar builds so far but can’t think of any reason why it won’t work ok.

Dickyboy

Don’t suppose anyone has a medium frame or frameset that they want to be relieved of do they?

jwd606
    Free Member

Don’t suppose anyone has a medium frame or frameset that they want to be relieved of do they?

There’s one on lfgss.com at the moment.

Dickyboy

Great – thanks 🙂

jakd95
    Free Member

Mowgli, I have mine set up 1×9, with flat bars and guards, sounds very similar! I can’t embed a photo from my phone but the link should work:

2017-09-05_01-43-50

I love it! Gets a lot of miles and it’s very comfy. Flat bars work perfectly on it, I wouldn’t worry! In fact, the reach on my large might be a little too much with drops.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Anyone tried 650b yet?

redstripe
    Free Member

Dickyboy – I have a new medium one I started getting bits together for to build up but got something else instead – will be putting on classfieds section later on with details, cheers

Dickyboy

Thanks – the other frame is on its way to me ??

xenoross
    Free Member

So here is atlaz’ old large frame, rebuilt and on its maiden voyage. Great fun!

In case that image didn’t work: https://ibb.co/n30aZQ

monkeyboyjc

Nice “thumbs up”
    What are the tyres?

xenoross
    Free Member

Schwalbe G-One 35mm

hollyboni
    Free Member

My Plug build is done!

This thing is an absolute dream. It feels so solid, and it goes over everything. But even with these big tyres the bike feels so quick on smooth roads too. I don’t feel like it’s holding me back in any way.
    The handling is stable but to my surprise the whole bike feels very nimble, at least to me.

Absolutely loving it! 😀

Flickr album:

P1250501

oxym0r0n

Slight hijack – I have some oem Charge carbon forks with pm disc mount that came with my Plug ti that I would be willing to part with…

andysmiff1
    Free Member

oxym0r0n – Member
    Slight hijack – I have some oem Charge carbon forks with pm disc mount that came with my Plug ti that I would be willing to part with…

Can you ping me some details and pics?

Mail in profile.

Ta!

A

Poopscoop

Nice build hollyboni!

atlaz
    Free Member

Still have the charge plug disc fork if anyone is interested.

Oh, and xenoross, nice looking build 🙂

coomber
    Free Member

First ride on this since changing the planet x steel forks for some carbon. Taken me 6 months to get around to doing it but they look and feel better (I think, from one brief ride tonight).

Excuse the reflectors I can’t be bothered to taken them off.

coomber
    Free Member

Mowgli
    Free Member

Now £89 for a Small frame! So tempted to buy another, just in case…

maxlite
    Free Member

Wish hadn’t looked at this (also £89 for Extra Small)…..do I need a spare frame??

Some nice new builds on here

Dickyboy

Just finished Mrs Dickyboys flat barred commuter & she doth like it a lot 🙂 thanks to the tip on drilling out the mudguard fittings on this thread I managed to get 35mm panaracer paselas & mudguards fitted

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 394 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Charge Plug 5 frames on Ebay’ is closed to new replies.