Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cheap car insurance for a new (30yr old) driver?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

I have my driving test this month, after it got cancelled last year due to the weather, and out of boredom i thought i would get a rough idea of what the insurance costs are. Only after something small for £1.5k-sih so put through a 1999 1.2l Petrol Ford Fiesta, and i am getting quotes of £1000+ for fully comp and not much diff for TPFT…all with hefty excesses both voluntary and otherwise.

Now, i know i am going to be a new driver, but i thought being 30 would help a little bit. Do i have to just bite the bullet and 'pay my dues' for a couple of years or is there companies other than the ones on the comparisons sites i should be looking at?

At this rate it will be cheaper to taxi my bike about…..

*walks off mumbling about having 10yrs NCB on his motorbike insurance*

br
    Free Member

You're a new driver, and you've had many years to save up 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

You're a new driver, and you've had many years to save up piss all your money up the wall

Fixed that for you 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tried Carol nash ? Or whoever you have your motorbike with?

At Carole Nash, we believe that safe riders make safer drivers, so we have recently introduced policies that allow you to use your bike no claims bonus to gain discounts on your motor insurance†. That means you get cheaper car insurance if you are a safe rider.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

If that don't work, take your advanced test

£139 all in IAM

Then get preferential rates here IAM Surety

johnnyc

I feel your pain….was in the same situation a few years ago. I eventually took out a 10 month policy, which gave a year no claims at the end of it- worked out best cash wise, and the renewal was a lot cheaper with 1 year no claims behind me (about 200 less). The companies i found best at the time were Bell, Admiral and Elephant. If possible, have one or two others on the policy as additional drivers who are safe bets insurance wise (not as the main driver, dodgy illegal practice called fronting…..). Retired females with no recent claims best- my good old mum took 150 quid off mine when listed as a second driver! It's worth going through the rather tedious but useful guide on moneysavingexpert once you find the car you want.
    clicky

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cheap car insurance for a new (30yr old) driver?’ is closed to new replies.