Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cheap but good quality 26" disc wheels
  • swoosh
    Free Member

Looking to get my Pipedream Sirius commuter/kid carrier bike a new set of wheels as the 10 year old Mavic Crossrides are well past their best.

I don’t have a fortune to spend, especially as they will only be for the 2 mile commute and have kids on the child seat + Trail Gator.

Looked on eBay but unless I want second hand (which could be risky) I’m limited to some cheap Quando hubs and heavy unknown branded rims.

They need to be old school QR front-135mm rear type hubs. 6 bolt for disc fittings too.

Anyone able to suggest somewhere?

jamiep
    Free Member

get in quick and use the Superstar Components 25% discount code before Monday. Should be able to get something for £100 or so

swoosh
    Free Member

Hmmm. These with a 25% discount would be c. £130. Not bad. What’s the code if I choose to get them?

jamiep
    Free Member

oops, forgot that bit. SUMMER25E

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of old but good 26″ disc wheels that I’m about to Ebay. They are built onto old Hope Ti hubs with a screw-on disc collar and the discs have plenty of wear left in them. The rims are scratched in places but straight and true. I think the rear hub needs a new bearing or two. They are certainly second-hand but not risky at all; you can look me up on Ebay and check our excellent feedback as a seller; I always make a point of describing used stuff clearly and including clear pictures. These wheels are good for what you need and will continue to give reliable service. I dismantled my old Global Ti, which was built up in an unfashionable XC style and I’ve just sold the frame and rigid forks on Eblag. Send me a PM if you’d like me to take some photos and send them this evening. As for the price, I’d be open to offers. If you’re in Lancashire you’re welcome to meet me and check them out this weekend.

Oh, and I’ve got the original Hope Mini brakes for sale as well, in very good condition for their age and well maintained.

simon_g

Decathlon have Mavic Crossride in 26″ QR for £120 – http://www.decathlon.co.uk/crossride-mountain-bike-wheel-set-disc-26-id_8331686.html

Speshpaul

I’ve got a pair used but in good shape.
    Front xc front on Mavic 517 rim. Used but solid and true.
    Rear Mavic cross land same rim as a 519. Seen very little use.
    All bearings smooth. £60 collected Shropshire or plus what ever it costs to post.
    Email me for pictures.

nickjb
    Free Member

Definitely go second hand. I’ve picked up some great bargains now 26″ is ‘obsolete’

Northwind

Yeah, used 26 is a buyer’s market now, entire wheelsets often sell for basically the price of the hubs. But also there’s probably tons out there that people haven’t even bothered to put up for sale, so a classifieds wanted post could get good results

andysredmini
    Free Member

He said good quality so that instantly rules out superstar.
    I would look for some second hand hope pro2. Bombproof and cheap with 26″ rims. So cheap in fact that I’m keeping the pro2 Evo mavic 819’s I have as spares.

RustyMac

In the vein of everyone else, i have a pair of hope wheels i have been looking to move on.

Hope XC hubs, QR front and rear, 6 bolt disk fitting, laced to Mavic XM321 rims. These were built up about 4 years ago for my finances bike, since then they have been used less than 10 times and only once in the mountains – we have a 3 year old.

Similarly to above i’d be looking for £70+ postage for them

swoosh
    Free Member

Maybe I need to consider used wheels again. I just always thought I’d get people trying to sell their knackered wheels, just like the ones I’m trying to replace. Anyway, I’ve emailed a couple of you regarding your wheels. I might stick a wanted ad up too depending on what these guys have to offer.

robhughes
    Free Member

Here you go
    Rear.Just buy the relevant adapters.
    link
    If you can go 15 front.
    link

boltonjon

2nd hand everytime!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cheap but good quality 26" disc wheels’ is closed to new replies.