Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cheap bike/bits appeal – W.H.Y?
  • Lifer
    Free Member

Friend of mine has had to move suddenly and is out in the middle of no-where so I’m looking to build a bike for her to get to work, as cheap as possible. Am keeping my eyes on ebay etc but budget is around £50…

Looking for a mtb frame around 16/17″

That’s it for specs! Anything else is a bonus.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Look in the local free ads or Gumtree. eBay is usually a bit overpriced IME. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Although the thread title did make me think you were asking why people saw the appeal of cheap bikes!

nbt

Aye, look on freecyle first up, then the newspaper or craigslist or the like

Lifer
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member
    Although the thread title did make me think you were asking why people saw the appeal of cheap bikes!

😆 slight edit done

Looking at gumtree etc but thought I’d cast the net on here too

atlaz
    Free Member

If I was in the UK I’ve got a frame in the shed you could have gratis. But I’m not. Sorry.

will
    Free Member

Get to the local tip. Depending of their rules you can often take a bike away for free! Or failing that slip them £20 and you’re laughing!

lhabitantdepointe
    Free Member

got a saddle you can have

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Seen perfectly serviceable entire bikes at the local tip. Good stuff gets saved and sold on site, so worth a trip.

wwaswas

I’d buy a complete bike, even a new set of cables to fit cheap stuff is going to put a big dent in your budget.

Lifer
    Free Member

Yeah I think you’re right wwaswas. Free-ads day today though!

Nipper99
    Free Member

I have a Scott Reflex frame and seat post you can have. Swansea based.

christhetall
    Free Member

I have a 15 year old Specialized Hardrock sitting in a basement in Sheffield. Size 15.5, rigid fork, rim brakes, 21 speed, sort of metallic purple/brown ! Full working order, apart from rear shifter (which may just need some TLC).

Lifer
    Free Member

Hi Chris that sounds pretty good, can you email how much you want for it? Email in my profile. Ta!

christhetall
    Free Member

Let me have a word with my wife – it’s her bike !

christhetall
    Free Member

To Lifer – YHM

stevemorg2

whereabouts are you? I’ve got a complete (may need a new saddle though) 16 inch Carrera Fury (Deore g/set etc) you can have for £80 if you can pick up from Cardiff

Lifer
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I’m in Sussex so pick up is the next step, thought I’d see what there was around first!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cheap bike/bits appeal – W.H.Y?’ is closed to new replies.