Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • cheap bean to cup machine
  • zilog6128

I know De’Longhi is the STW gold standard but this has just popped up on HUKD, from Amazon de.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00INSX904

works out about £175 with exchange & posting. Reviews seem pretty good, a few people moaning about build quality & difficulty cleaning, but then it is cheap compared to a bling De’Longhi! Anyone got one? Definitely tempted, would be good to move away from the pod system finally!

toby1

7 pages with at least 1 rant from jjp on coffee quality!

Cougar

Are you going to get spanked for VAT / import fees?

Cougar

… that said, it’s £340 on the UK site!

toby1

At that price retail it should be reasonable at least, depends how much of a coffee snob you are (I say that from a place of self-awareness). I drank a cup of Nespresso the other day, I don’t get why people put themselves through it daily!

grum
    Free Member

Not sure bean to cup is really an upgrade over pods is it? Especially seeing as you can get decent quality speciality coffee in compostable pods now.

Eg

Italian Job Blend – 100 pods

CraigW
    Free Member

No, not from within the EU.

grum
    Free Member

For now ^^^

zilog6128

no the approx £175 includes VAT & as mentioned no import fees from EU (for now 😂)

Not sure bean to cup is really an upgrade over pods is it? Especially seeing as you can get decent quality speciality coffee in compostable pods now.

possibly, there is a local roastery only a mile from me that do their own compostable pods which I’ve been using. Obviously they sell normal beans too, figured they’d be better somehow but not really sure how/why!

scaredypants

there’s a kenwood/delonghi refurb seller on ebay – around half or 2/3 price and mine had made SIX coffees when I took delivery (unless they “clock” the counter)

chewkw
    Free Member

Buy it! Everyone needs a coffee machine.

spooky_b329

Six coffees would have been after a reset and a few tests. When I got mine it was brand new and said to expect a little ground coffee and/or water in the tank from testing.

BillMC

I pay about £14kg delivered for single origin beans. I’d be surprised if pods could compete with that and the grinds go straight onto plants.

devbrix
    Free Member

grinds go straight onto plants

…which unfortunately acts as a growth suppressant. Best to compost first apparently.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I put coffee grinds on my plants. No signs of suppressing growth. Could do with a bit of growth suppressing with some of my bushes that seem to grow at rediculous speed. Maybe the amount of grinds I put on are. It a lot in the grand scheme of things. Before lockdown a chap at work used to take the grinds away for the office coffe shop, a couple of buckets of grinds a day for his allotment. If he’s just dumping that on his beds than it might have a different affect. I also cut open used tea bags and mix that in with the coffee as I’m not sure if the bag itself is compostable.

Always better off grinding the beans at the latest possible time. Nature has developed a nice design that keeps the coffee bean fresh so utilise that until the point you want the coffee. Also bean to cup machines have a lot of adjustments to ‘tube’ your coffee which you don’t get in pod machines so if you are the kind that likes to fiddle with settings you can.

Krups are a decent make. I had a sun £100 espresso machine for many years and it was as good as my dads >£300 Gaggia classic.

bruneep

…which unfortunately acts as a growth suppressant

My Hydrangeas/Azaleas seem to enjoy the ground coffee

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/composting/ingredients/coffee-grounds-gardening.htm

TiRed

Bargain. Buy with confidence. Forget the milk frother as they are all more trouble than they are worth.

I have a Jura Ena 7 that I paid more than that for a service.

grum
    Free Member

I pay about £14kg delivered for single origin beans.

That’s cheap! Who is that from please?

peteimpreza

@scaredypants

“ there’s a kenwood/delonghi refurb seller on ebay – ”

Got a link?

BillMC

Grum: https://hormozi.co.uk/

I’ve been very happily using them for some years. Was permanently on the Guatemalan single origin but lately very taken by the Indian cherry.

Better go and check my courgettes, I might be getting Boris bonsais (ie short, fat and utterly useless)

retro83
    Free Member

Bugger, coming in at £233 now

BillMC

How’s about £12.85?

grum
    Free Member

Ta BillMC!

tonyplym
    Free Member

I’ve got a Krups EA8050 machine at home, and there’s a Krups EA817040 machine at work – both are easy to use and keep clean, and both have been 100% reliable. Both make a decent cup of coffee if you feed them with good beans.

scaredypants

@peteimpreza

http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/delonghidirect?_fsub=26186846010&

I really don’t think they had reset my counter – my machine genuinely looked brand new and a colleague who bought one later had somewhere over 100 on the clock. Suspect it’s luck of the draw

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘cheap bean to cup machine’ is closed to new replies.