• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Chatel trails – XC/AM away from the bike parks
  • fbk
    Free Member

We’re off to Chatel for 10 days this week. I’ve stayed in Les Gets/Morzine a few times in the past but first time in Chatel and the first time in the Portes du Soleil region in about 7 years.

I’ve had some great info from here in the past for foreign travel soooo… I was just wondering if any of you folk knew of any off piste stuff in the area worth sampling. Any advice, maps or gpx files would be greatly appreciated.

fbk
    Free Member

Anyone?

johnhe

Sorry – been there several times, but only ever rode the bike park.

When I’m looking for something less groomed, I usually head across into Les Lindarets and from there into Morzine. There is beautiful singletrack from Chatel to Lindarets (but head off in the direction of Les Mossettes first and then back towards Lindarets), and one of my favourite trails is from the top of Super Morzine around the hill towards Montriond and then into Morzine.

A lot of this stuff is on the Passportes trail, but is slightly off the normal bike park areas. It will all be on the Portes de Soleil bike map.

fbk
    Free Member

Thanks Johnhe. We’re doing the PPdS on the Friday so hopefully should sample some of those.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Chatel trails – XC/AM away from the bike parks’ is closed to new replies.