Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Charnock pump track and jumps- Sheffield
  • sharkattack

I don’t know if anyone is looking for a new pump track to ride or some nice easy dirt jumps to learn on but Charnock in Sheffield has been massively revamped this year.

This week the track was fully tarmacced and from my quick inspection last night it’s running very nice. It’s always been in pretty bad condition but I managed a few full laps and cleared a few jumps I’ve never hit before. Only my lack of fitness was keeping me grounded.

There’s also a dirt jump section full of tabletops with no scary gaps. It’s starting to look really good but last night it was too soft from the rain. I’ll be going back a lot more often to check them out.

Anyway, I went looking for more info and found this…

So I’ll be there on the 17th of September. Plus, I’ll be there before that trying to shake off these lead weights that I feel like I’m carrying around.

Thought I’d mention this for all those people who were asking how to build pump and DJ bikes during lockdown.

thepodge
    Free Member

Balls, drove past this today with the boy & bikes but I’ve always known it to be tatty so didn’t bother.

sharkattack

Definitely worth a visit now while it’s in perfect condition. I think I prefer it to the Hillsborough track and obviously there’s no crowds of scooter kids to swerve through.

I might be there tomorrow afternoon.

malv173
    Free Member

Looks like they’ve done an incredible job there! It was a very decent track before this. Not managed to jump anything there ever, and nowhere near up to hitting the sort jumps. But the tables sound like I may not die trying them. Annoyingly not going to be able to make the 17th.

I am loving having the pump track in Hillsborough Park though. It’s on my commute route, so I do a lap whenever I can. The Zero AM is surprisingly nice on it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.