Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Charlie's First Trailhound Outing
  • moonsaballoon

Inspired by Brian’s last ride video i thought i would give Charlie ( a lab springer x ) a first go at being a trailhound . A gentle half hour spin round some frozen trails was great fun . Best of all she did not seem fussed that i was on a bike and just acted like she did on her normal walks . Looking forward to when she is a bit older so we can have some proper adventures together .

stanfree
    Free Member

Lovely looking wee dog :-), Just remember she is still a pup so keep the distances short so you dont damage his hips.

moonsaballoon

We were only out for half an hour so not to much . I am a bit paranoid at the moment about running her to much to young

willard

Good news then! Love the second picture by the way.

therealhoops
    Free Member

I can see this spawning a “What Traildog for…” thread of its own.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

i’d be terrified that my dog would get in the way of the bike….

my last dog would have, and he was a “sensible” border collie

i don’t have a dog anymore 🙁

moonsaballoon

She took to it really well . The only dodgy moment was my fault really. I have trained her to come and sit in front of me when i blow the whistle which is great when your walking but not so much when your on a bike .
    She is now fast asleep in front of the fire !

hunta

She also appears to be very good at bike levitation. Clever pooch.

2hottie
    Free Member

Great work, start them early and all will be good. Nice pictures too, when I rode with Brian I made a point of being out early to avoid conflicts with other riders. As well as this I used to ride where he was unlikely to run off or be run over, ie not around sheep or roads!

There’s not much better than seeing your dog belting along side you enjoying every minute of there time out with you.

Enjoy

http://vimeo.com/57359315 (for those who haven’t cried yet)

scruff
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

i’d be terrified that my dog would get in the way of the bike..

They only do it once 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Charlie's First Trailhound Outing’ is closed to new replies.