• This topic has 74 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Charlie The Bikemonger stickers
  • HarryTuttle

Stickers are tacky.
    One less car – on the commuter.
    Suck my cog – on the single speed.
    If found please locate the owner in the nearest hedge – bottom of the single speed.
    Toughen up princess – Stem of my wife’s bike – She didn’t spot it for quite a few rides…
    I brake for cake – this one ended up on the vacuum cleaner, I’m not sure why.

cokie

‘Loud tyres save lives’- yet to use it. Been sat in the draw for about 8 years.

peekay

Singlespeeders get off more

Singlespeed

BigJohn

Toughen Up Princess?

Sorry to break it to you but even though she’s married to a prince she’s a duchess, not a princess.

40mpg

I desperately want to swap the bars on my bike, but won’t because of the “Hold my Cider and Watch This” sticker.

pacerc100
    Free Member

A mate liberated a sticker off the tube and had one of those purple coloured ‘please give up this seat if an elderly or disabled person needs it’ on the saddle of his trials bike.

birdage

‘Toughen up Princess’ on my Jones. Got given to my girlfriend when we went to Swanage and dropped by. She didn’t think it was funny and gave it to me. Much more apt.

aide

Think Charlie needs to redo some of these stickers, really want a toughen up princess amongst others

Harry_the_Spider

Indeed. They have to be as shonky looking as the originals too!

nickc

some-one needs to draw a Venn diagram that shows the relationship between;  Sticker appreciation, 12 yr old girls and boys  and mountain-bikers

FB-ATB

Premier Icon
    BigJohn

Toughen Up Princess?

Sorry to break it to you but even though she’s married to a prince she’s a duchess, not a princess.

Posted

Hi Piers!

Superficial
    Free Member

Think Charlie needs to redo some of these stickers, really want a toughen up princess amongst others

Seems a bit sexist / cringe for 2021. Might just be me but I wouldn’t adorn my bike with that sort of slightly outdated message. [/fun police]

damascus
    Free Member

@superficial

Seems a bit sexist / cringe for 2021. Might just be me but I wouldn’t adorn my bike with that sort of slightly outdated message. [/fun police

Really interested in this comment. Would you expand it?

I see a princess as a spoilt little royal that has everything done for her. Princess and the pea etc and doesn’t live in the real world. I watched a lot of Disney as a child.

Never really thought about it in any other way. How do you see it?

I know it’s not about what I think, it’s about what others think. Interested in why you think that.

Thanks

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah, I see that, and clearly the spoilt brat image is part of why we might call someone a princess. But why is it a Princess not a Prince? It would be naive that the gender of the royal is not a part of the ‘insult’. As you say, Disney has a lot to answer for when it comes to gender stereotypes.

Basically, there are other ways of saying toughen up / try harder than don’t demean women.

We need a ‘Shut up Legs!’ but for MTB.

nuke

Ok so what’s an acceptable alternative: “Toughen Up Snowflake ❄️”?

tthew

We need a ‘Shut up Legs!’ but for MTB.

‘Shut up cake-belly’?

rhinofive

I desperately want to swap the bars on my bike, but won’t because of the “Hold my Cider and Watch This” sticker.

I’ve kept a broken frame for similar reasons

Wookster

Now I had a “Watch for the gear changes and try to keep up” sticker…..was that one of his?

jonba
    Free Member

I just had a look and found brake for cake, one less car and toughen up princess.

eBay?

brennak

Cheap Beer is Not a Crime from Charlie at the last ST awards evening

madeupname
    Free Member

Just received an order from the Bikemonger. Included a sticker.

“Sous les pavés, la plage” (Except the accent was on the v…)

Are they trying too hard to capture Charlie’s relaxed attitude?

“The statement encapsulated the movement’s views on urbanization and modern society in both a literal and metaphorical form.“

madeupname
    Free Member

I would settle for ‘never go full roadie’ though
    (as a self confessed roadie myself)

aide

@jonba, are you thinking of selling ‘princess’? After a few days I’m still thinking it’s a good sticker for me. Pm me if you want to sell and have a price in mind, cheers

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got a “One Less Car” on my old, cracked, Rocky Mountain Solo frame. Would love to get that frame repaired.
    Also got these stickers, can’t remember where the hell they came from!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Got a couple of kitten ones. 1 unused. Offers on the back of a tenner please.

charliedontsurf

Blimey…. it’s really nice to read this thread. Makes me nostalgic.

gil who printed the stickers for me reckons we did over 300,000 and that was back at the SS world champ in Ireland… so maybe half a million in the end.

the “my dandy horse brings all the boys to the yard and I’m like it’s better than yours” cost loads to make.

jesus rode cross… I cringe a little at that one.

I think “toughten up princess” was in response to the drunk cyclist guys giving me a “cowboy up cupcake”.
    <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>
    I think a “hold my small batch craft IPA and watch this”…. will be along soon. </span>

BigJohn

The van I bought 5 years ago off this forum came with 2 stickers. “What would Lance do?” And “My drinking club has a cycling problem”. On Saturday it, and the stickers, are being picked up by their new forumite owner.

charliedontsurf

I actually gave Lance Armstrong a “what would Lance do.”…. he was very cool about it. “Thank you, I think I already have one of these”. An hour later he raced past the whisky tree and he was jamming so hard, I looked into his eyes for a split second and it was genuinely scary. Dark, furious, 100% racing killer.

charliedontsurf

Stickers

a11y

Unfortunately I’ve sold all my frames that had CTBM stickers on them.

Finding one adorning a trail marker at Coed Y Brenin made my day – not sure if its still there, that was July 2019:

Sticker
    https://tinyurl.com/5tamdcmr

glp1
    Free Member

A compilation of all these needs to be given to Charlie the bikemonger and a new sticker run needs to be done. there are some utter classics here that deserve a print re-run.

addy6402

Something about Cornholme – Hebden filth?

igm

On polling day, and with a nod north of the border , can I mention “Be More Scottish”?

My two half Scots, Yorkshire born sons love that one.

igm

And what about a variation on the Lance one?

”What didn’t Lance do?”

DezB
    Free Member

Finding one adorning a trail marker at Coed Y Brenin made my day

ALl I see is a No Entry sign. Sure you weren’t at the bottom of the trail? 😀

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Charlie The Bikemonger stickers’ is closed to new replies.