Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Charlie the bikemonger – anyone used them?
  • maccruiskeen

He sent me sweets.

He sent me sweets too. I was warned about people who do that. I’ve tried to shop him the the News of the World’s report-a-peodo line but nobody’s answering the phone, they must be busy.

markenduro
    Free Member

He’s an arse, made me sit around for the last lap of sswc last year drinking and heckling and then had to promise to buy a frame off him before I could escape…..
    Apart from that he is okay, if you order stuff off of his shop it normally arrives fairly quickly.

atlaz
    Free Member

+whatever from me too. Had great service from Charlie and he’s advised me on things even when I’ve not been able to buy from him (i.e. he told me the LBS would be a better route because of some peculiarity on some retro SS I had).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    yossarian
    Free Member

All the bits and bobs I’ve ordered from him have turned up quick, and any questions have been answered with a cheery email. Top banana

Sam

Definitely one of the good guys.

drofluf
    Free Member

Always had great service.

And +1 to what garage-dweller said

big_scot_nanny

Yup, top bloke, top service, good kit.

A couple of years ago, mymum wanted to get me a big timbuk2 commuting bag, and I directed her to Charlie.

When she asked about colours, Charlie asked: “is your son conservative?”

So now the proud owner of a ‘used every day on the commute by bike and on all my business travels Rastafarian bag. Nice! Thanks Charlie.

Kev

Pigface
    Free Member

He is a gentle man and does a fine job.

His shop is in Swanage not Poole and he has a great Basset Hound.

Really good man to do business with.

charliedontsurf

Thanks everyone… you are such utter gents… I have had a dead busy week, and am farked. But this is genuinely uplifting. The plan was (and still is) to have a bike shop that is like the kind of place I would want to go to. And its worked out, I come here everyday.

Mike (wheelie) tuggnuts just arrived this arvo. On its way tomorrow.

The other jonv… email me with an address and you can have some stickers… and “bongs, farts, chainsaws”.

and Captain says… “I find you cant beat a niche bit of steel for snaring human flesh. The ones that like steel have good meat with a hint of cider”. He only visits the shop now when he can be bothered. Dont turn up smelling of food.

meanwhile the guys at surly have stickered me up good n proper… they are being dished out with all surly orders (and elsewhere)….

tpbiker
    Free Member

Never bought anything from him…but that dog is awesome!

fatmax

Only used once, but he was lovely to deal with, and would make a point of going back for more stuff. I need to order some stickers off him too…

tollah
    Free Member

Charlie the bikemonger – anyone used themHim

Most people have used and abused Charlie, he’s dirty like that

Zoolander
    Free Member

Top bloke – as mad as a bag of burning badgers – but in a good way!
    Always had good service shop wise and a good bloke to drink beer/s with – even if I can’t remember the conversation the next day!

stufield
    Free Member

Great service, on the spot advice, looking forward to my wheels turning up!

Houns

Sent an email once asking about courier bags / colour options, never heard back from him

Have had free stickers from him

charliedontsurf

Houns… sorry about that chap. In my defence I sit here after hours going through hundreds of emails a day. As evidenced by a 7pm friday night response here. Must of missed your one, or it got eaten in the system.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Charles is a gentleman of the highest repute….

ronjeremy
    Free Member

charlie the bikemonger – Member
    Houns… sorry about that chap. In my defence I sit here after hours going through hundreds of emails a day. As evidenced by a 7pm friday night response here. Must of missed your one, or it got eaten in the system.

Or you realised it was Houns and decided that life is too short…..

rOcKeTdOg

i need that third from the top sticker!

i also needed a fork but charlie didn’t reply to my email! 👿

HarryTuttle

Yep, top guy!

Heard about him on here, met him at SSUK, ( He was trying to convince me Tweed was a replacement for my helmet!)

Bought a few things off him since, never a problem, till a few weeks ago……

A chain ring went AWOL between Swanage and my house, his responce? Sent another out, no problem!

He’ll keep getting my business.

Chears Charlie.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’m a big fan of the top surly sticker there 😆

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Looks like a pirate trying to blend in with land lubbers if you ask me. Incognito blackbeard.

Not to be trusted. Too much hair.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got “One Less Car” on my road bike and I think I have bought a sprocket from him. So he’s good for something 😉

theotherjonv

CTBM

Have pinged you a pint and some dog biscuits via paypal, to justify your sticker offer as i don’t NEED anything from your emporium right this minute and I promised the wife no more WANT bike bits until after payday.

However, I want to buy you a pint and your dog is staring “biscuits!” at me.

daftvader
    Free Member

daftvader
    Free Member

mrs vader said to say that she enjoyed her visit to charlies shop as well. And he gave mini vader a sticker too!

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ve lost my “my dandyhorse brings all the boys to the yard” stickers 🙁 I’d like one of those surly “**** it lets go ride bikes” ones for the crossbar on my bmx bars!

billyboy
    Free Member

He is a legend worth maintaining….Buy stuff from him at once and a lot

yossarian
    Free Member

Or you realised it was Houns and decided that life is too short…..

Its called a needy prick filter.

vorlich
    Free Member

He’s never actually monged me anything, let alone a bike. But I have coveted assorted 29 and fat related stuff off his wonderful and frightening website.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Ah Charlie …that reminds me have you had those Salsa Bend 2 bars delivered yet …..?

..and where are my stickers from my last order ? 😆

singlecrack
    Free Member

“Toughen up princess ”

teadrinker
    Free Member

Well as it turns out the frame I wanted that I saw on the website wasn’t in stock. Spoke to a lovely lady on the phone today there so no good for me this time but will use him in the future for sure. Nice to see so many compliments on here for him.

charliedontsurf

Snglecrack. Bend 2 bars are due mid week, and they are brilliant.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Charlie the bikemonger – anyone used them?’ is closed to new replies.