Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Charles Saatchi
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

It can’t be true, the red-tops make everything up don’t they…

konabunny
    Free Member

the irony of the world’s richest publicist being caught out by the media!

(except of course he’s not a publicist).

ransos
    Free Member

No one in his position accepts a police caution (ie. he now has a ‘proper’ criminal record) for an assault if there is any doubt as to what was going on.

This.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RustySpanner

I’ll give it 24 hours before his ‘friends’ claim it was all a set up by Nigella & he was ‘provoked’.

phil.w
    Free Member

His actions are of course unforgiveable but the actions of the photographer, snoooping on a private matter, are almost as bad.

Domestic violence is hardly something that should be hidden away. The unacceptable nature of his actions and the consequences should be highlighted across the front pages. In hope that it stops it happening to someone else.

The only criticism you could levy against the photographer is that he/she didn’t intervene, which also goes for the couple sat at the table next to them.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

A messy divorce or is a new book launch imminent?

Sorry that is overly cynical. Domestic violence is abhorrent. Nothing more to say.

nedrapier

I think if there was real pressure from his fingers at any point, we’d have had the photo showing it.

I’d guess that what he said was designed to hurt a whole lot more. The shit.

Edit: don’t know how much you can tell from the picture. Main point was about the verbal.

patriotpro
    Free Member

ransos – Member
    No one in his position accepts a police caution (ie. he now has a ‘proper’ criminal record) for an assault if there is any doubt as to what was going on.
    This.

+another – classic damage limitation.

lodious
    Free Member

If she wants to leave it all behind and shack up with a non-neck squeezing engineer from Bolton, I could probably clear my schedule for a couple of months.

bencooper
    Free Member

The only criticism you could levy against the photographer is that he/she didn’t intervene, which also goes for the couple sat at the table next to them.

Sadly, most people just don’t want to get involved – especially if it’s a “domestic” and they’re out enjoying a lovely meal at a fine restaurant.

unovolo
    Free Member

Makes you wonder why she wore this down the beach,

Cover up from the sun or cover up bruises?

All imo by the way.

patriotpro
    Free Member

lodious – Member
    If she wants to leave it all behind and shack up with a non-neck squeezing engineer from Bolton, I could probably clear my schedule for a couple of months.

😆 specifically at the “non-neck squeezing” bit 😆

derek_starship
    Free Member

He’s an obnoxious shite who needs a good clogging.

cranberry
    Free Member

Better to be thought a wife beating arsehole than to come out with a statement so transparently full of boll*cks that people think you a stupid, arrogant, wife beating arsehole for imagining that you could get away with it.

Love the attempts to link this back to Fatcher. If you want to see who put her into power google “labour politicians of the 70’s and 80’s”

chewkw
    Free Member

Bloody celebrities … 🙄

konabunny
    Free Member

Love the attempts to link this back to Fatcher.

Think your Blamethatchometer is oversensitive. Chaz’s work for the Tories was the best-known thing he’s done and was a significant factor in Thatcher’s re-elections.

mrmoofo

Think your Blamethatchometer is oversensitive. Chaz’s work for the Tories was the best-known thing he’s done and was a significant factor in Thatcher’s re-elections.

I thought the most significant factor was how badly Labour had done in the previous term !!
    I think Mr Saachi may well have helped, given context and marketed the Tories well buy giving a grat strap line but it need the public to believe at Mrs T and her henchmen could do a better job.

Though the use of the sound bite and media is something that Blair learn from Mrs T for his election

mudshark
    Free Member

I flew back from Toulouse last night and am convinced that Nigella’s dad was on the flight – him on Easyjet seems unlikely though.

Edit – a quick Google shows it was him.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

/cheap lascivious comment

At a rough guess I would say this looks like she might be back “on the market” soon then. Hubba hubba. 🙂

/ cheap lascivious comment

Not in any way meant to condone what happened as I agree with everyone else on here who has said it is not good behaviour from Saatchi. Unforgivable excuse which only makes things worse.

mcboo
    Free Member

This thread makes me want to go and have a lovely lunch at Scotts. That is a very nice spot.

kimbers

mcboo – Member
    This thread makes me want to go and have a lovely lunch at Scotts. That is a very nice spot.

………..to casually abuse your wife and have the staff politely turn a blind eye

heres a pic taken 6mths before at the same place

avdave2

He’s an obnoxious shite who needs a good clogging.

Too right he does, how many times have I told my wife I’m only hitting her because she deserves it!

convert

Whilst obviously very privileged financially, she’s had quite a sad life – her mother died very young, as did her sister, as did her first husband. And then she married Saatchi….

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Her first husband was a brilliant man, loved reading anything he produced. The diary of his struggle with cancer was very moving and amusing in equal measure.
    Saachi is a much lesser man, IMO.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

She’s put on a few pounds, maybe he was trying to stop her swallowing.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

maybe he was trying to stop her swallowing.

…why on earth would he want to do that?!

lodious
    Free Member

God, that pic Kimbers posted it even worse…what a horrible man.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

They are not amateur snaps, they are taken from a carefully-chosen perspective by somebody with a good professional lense.

😆

Or by someone sitting the other side of the bush with an iPhone.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

They are not amateur snaps, they are taken from a carefully-chosen perspective by somebody with a good professional lense.

Obviously someone who knows a fair bit about photography! Oh wait, you can’t spell ‘lens’, strike that last remark.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

The BBC website shows the location: out front of the restaurant, next to the pavement.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Her first husband was a brilliant man, loved reading anything he produced. The diary of his struggle with cancer was very moving and amusing in equal measure.
    Saachi is a much lesser man, IMO.

+1

Disappointing she chose him after JD

ninfan
    Free Member

Disappointing she chose him after JD

Hmm, I don’t think after is the word… and I find the whole ‘oh yes, he gave us his blessing and set it all up before he died’ a little fishy! I can’t help feeling that she treated JD pretty atrociously all in all 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

He’s clearly a very horrible and abusive individual and she’s clearly afraid of him, he’s 70 years old FFS she’s 53, if she wasn’t afraid of him she’d just slap him back hard

Kevevs
    Free Member

Oh look, another stupidly rich and influential **** high on power and control. How unusual. To make propa good tabloidz she shoulda decked him with a Jumbleberry Crumble, phantom flanflinger style.

“Since you never know when you might be in urgent need of a crumble, I make up enough topping for at least 4 of these and let it sit safely in the freezer until required. Sprinkle it over your fruit of choice as it is, and cook from frozen. Sounds easy, doesn’t it?
    As for the fruit, I take all chopping out of the equation and give it parity with the crumble topping by using frozen mixed summer fruits; “jumbleberry” is just an old, English term for whatever mixture of berries were used in jams or puddings or jellies”

You have weapons Nigella. Use them.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Whoever took the photos did intervene. A quiet word in the restaurant and this “playful argument” might have continued at home out of sight indefinitely. Post it in the newspapers and its police and public awareness time. Might be money spinning but its also very effective at stopping such “playfulness”.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Charles Saatchi’ is closed to new replies.