Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Charity shop bargain!
  • h4muf
    Free Member

👌

Drac

Cool! Now just £150 for the batteries.

matt_outandabout

Quality buy.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m so old I remember them first coming out

dirkpitt74

I always wanted one of those when I was a kid.
    My cousin had one – I was well jealous lol.

tthew

Excellent. Now away with you and pay well over the odds for the trailer on eBay. 😁

tartanscarf

Woah!!!! Pretty sure mine is still in my folks loft. I’m at my folks too so will dig it out tomorrow. And my vinyl.

Klunk
    Free Member
    h4muf
    Free Member

£5.80 for the batteries @Drac!
    Works a treat 👌

Harry_the_Spider

This forum needs a JAMMY BASTARD button.

Drac

Yes I wasn’t serious. When they were released the batteries cost a fortune.

gnusmas

I have an original bigtrak trailer unused in the box at my mum and dad’s house. Forgotten all about it til I saw this thread. Mum and dad bought me a bigtrak and trailer when they came out but the bigtrak was faulty, remember being really gutted at the time. It got sent back and no matter how many times they tried to get a replacement it never materialised. They eventually got a refund but couldn’t get hold of a bigtrak afterwards. They always said they would get me one but it never happened lol. Enjoy.

cheers_drive

Second to Lego in the best toys I had. Didn’t they cost over £100 in the eighties. Would be £20 max nowadays.
    I removed having to program little left right corrections to counteract the bias of the carpet.
    I never did get the trailer for delivering apples to my dad.

chakaping
    Free Member

Anyone else remember seeing the advert and thinking the lad was a sap for just carting apples around?

Cougar

I still have mine from childhood (along with Astro Wars, Scramble, Firefox and Merlin). I really must dig it out and undo all the customised wiring I subjected it to. I spotted the trailer in a retro shop a few months back, kicking myself for not getting it now.

4x D-cell batteries and a 9V PP3.

Drac

CountZero

Nice find – well done, sir!

jamesoz

Nice one Big Trak!

Was that the advert catchphrase?

Poopscoop

We need to know how much you paid before we know if it was a bargain op!😁

As an aside, most charity shops would normally check out interesting stuff like this online these days to get an idea of value. Very much depends upon how clued up the shop is, mind.

h4muf
    Free Member

£15 gotta be worth that?

Poopscoop

I would say so mate. Nice buy!👍

Harry_the_Spider

£15?

Good Work Fella.

RustyNissanPrairie

I credit playing with a Bigtrak as a kid to programming PLC’s as an adult. Siemens LOGO (Boolean logic relays) especially are a direct descendant of programming the Bigtrak to remotely drive into my mates sleeping dog’s ballsack.

winston
    Free Member

Kudos for also picking up contemporary shagpile carpet to complete the look!

muddyground
    Free Member

You do know they reissued these a few years back? They are about £30 new.

damascus
    Free Member

I’m 41 years old. Did I just miss this or are you making me feel young? 🤔

PiknMix
    Free Member

As an aside, most charity shops would normally check out interesting stuff like this online these days to get an idea of value. Very much depends upon how clued up the shop is, mind.

As the manager of a charity shop, I could tell you some utter disasters that my less clued up colleague have let walk out the door for pretty much nothing!

h4muf
    Free Member

@muddyground this is an original!

maccruiskeen

I’m 41 years old. Did I just miss this

yes

muddyground
    Free Member

H4muf – sorry, I’m just grumpy today. £15 is pretty good for an original. Can remember getting one as a kid.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Charity shop bargain!’ is closed to new replies.