• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Charity ride… but a little different.
  • monkeyfiend
    Free Member

Hello STW massive.

I’m helping my charity raise some money this year, so there are 3 of us planning on walking the 3 peaks in July, however we’ll be doing it over the course of a week while travelling between destinations on classic 1960’s Royal Enfields, and including visits to 3 of the major Trauma Brachial Plexus Hospitals, hopefully supporting some outpatient visits.
    I’m in a support role for the travelling (read:following in a van with a sack full of imperial spanners and 200 litres of oil), but will be joining in with the hiking, and hospital visits.

The charity is the TBPI Group which work to raise awareness and support for people with this injury.

I’ve lived with this injury since 2006, after crashing my motorbike, and it’s what got me into MTB’ing when I vowed never to ride motorbikes again, which in-turn brought me to this wonderful site and it’s menagerie of users.

Although, all the cycling has proven a downfall for this challenge, as whilst on a practise hike a month ago, I endured a week of knee pain afterwards.
    A sports Physio has diagnosed over developed Quads and under developed Ham strings, which has resulted in de-stabilising my knee and IT band syndrome, she seems confident that she can sort it over the next 3 months, so fingers crossed I’ll be up those mountains at the end of July.

The charity site is here
    and a means of donating is here

So as well a being a not-so-covert stealth plea, can anyone else who has done similar give me any advice on sponsorship?
    Currently going down the route of rounding up people at work and social get togethers (clubs that I go to).
    I don’t have social media, but I’m becoming very aware that I may be missing a trick now.
    What else have I missed, that people have had good success with?

Any advice or donation really is greatly received.

Phill

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Charity ride… but a little different.’ is closed to new replies.