Charity Bike Rides this summer – any in the north?

Home Forum Bike Forum Charity Bike Rides this summer – any in the north?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Charity Bike Rides this summer – any in the north?
  • Premier Icon muddydwarf
    Subscriber

You could sponsor our attempt to ride from Liverpool to Leeds on Saturday 😉

headpotdog

I’ve just found out that the Manchester Off Road bike ride event for The Christie Charitable Fund Manchester Off Road Charity Ride has been cancelled for September and replaced with the Manchester 100 mile road event instead, which is a bit of a disappointment.

I was going to do this with a couple of my colleagues and our employer was going to make a donation for taking part, but I really don’t like the idea of 100 miles on my mountain bike. (Not a roadie, yet…)

Does anyone know about any other charity mountain bike rides in the north in the next couple of months that we could take part in instead?

Premier Icon dawson
    Subscriber

Mary Towneley Loop challenge – in aid of pendle mountain rescue – 46 miles?

headpotdog

The Mary Towneley Loop challenge sounds interesting, a great charity….and really tough!! 46 miles on the Pennine moors is not to be taken lightly I reckon, especially if it’s wet & windy.

Anyone out there done it before??

Premier Icon muddydwarf
    Subscriber

Ive ridden it in a 9hrs but not during the challenge. I took a good stop for lunch at the Packhorse of an hour and had a few nosh stop en route. Its tough, lots of climbing and very exposed in places, if its wet and windy it’s pretty gruelling up there, if muddy then hard work.
    Good route though.

brokensoul

I’ve ridden the Mary Towneley event 3 or 4 times. It certainly is a challenge.

headpotdog

Oh now we’re talking! Hope Valley College ride provides a seductive combination of a Mountain Rescue charity causes with a ride over Jacobs Ladder and the Beast! Tremendous 😀

Can’t see my colleagues turning that tempting offer down either!

RooleyMoor

There’s this from Hollingworth Lake. It’ll be a lung buster in places..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Charity Bike Rides this summer – any in the north?’ is closed to new replies.