Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Charity bike ride
  • LMT
    Free Member

The boss at work has decided to do a charity bike ride, he came to me as i ride bikes as he put it. I had to correct him i ride offroad mtb, not on road.

His plan is to ride 260miles, from our tesco store to one in wales and picking up stores in the middle. Plan is over 3 or 4 days, he came to me to be one of the riders and help with the training. The plan is to complete this april 15th over the easter bank holiday.

Anyone done anything like this?? what training would be needed, i just ride cannock once a week, nothing like this before.

Anyone know a bike shop or anyone who could lend us bikes for the trip??

Any advice would be helpful.

thehustler
    Free Member

I did london Paris (just over 300miles in 4 days) last year, for training the month b4 i was commuting 40 mile round trip at least 3-4 times a week plus a good long ride over cannock chase at the weekends, if you can cut this stepping up to 65 miles for 4 days or 85 for 3 shouldn’t be too big an ask, if the boss doesn’t cycle at all atm then he needs a reality check as its not the kind of thing to trty without any training…

ElVino

I guess he could borrow one of these that would make it a bit more interesting.

Seriously though if he did it over 4 days, that would be around 100km a day which is very doable with moderate training.

aracer
    Free Member

Anyone know a bike shop or anyone who could lend us bikes for the trip??

You could always try silverfish – or maybe not 😉
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/requests-to-sponsor-people-doing-challenges#post-3028920

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Charity bike ride’ is closed to new replies.