• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Charity album that's surprisingly good
  • joeydeacon
    Free Member

Don’t know this guy, came across it via another website:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzVtUdLfvx8[/video]

Six months ago I decided to fulfill an ambition to write, record and release an album. I was working against time as I have Motor Neurone Disease – a horrible, terminal illness with no effective treatment or cure and an average life expectancy of between 2-5 years. The album is also part of a nationwide campaign of ‘optimism’ which raises money and awareness for the MNDA.

His friend wrote:

Alistair is a friend and was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease 18 months ago. He and a group of friends decided to write and record a collection of songs under the banner “Alistair The Optimist”, and in the summer of 2011 recorded an album in 3 days.

The album captures a moment in time when Alistair’s weakening muscles still allowed him to play drums, something he is no longer able to do, and as such, the band will never play live.

This is a beautiful track, and video to match (directed by Louise Baker Lee and Rich Lee) – please pay close attention to the lyrics.

His album is for sale here for £7.

22% of downloads go to Motor Neurone Disease Association, the rest to Alistair’s family.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Charity album that's surprisingly good’ is closed to new replies.