Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Charging e bike battery off the bike
  • pc2017
    Free Member

Hi everyone.

A shop I follow on FB has some excellent offers on refurbished ex-hire e-bikes and I am thinking of getting my OH a Ghost Hardtail from then (£1150!) which has the Bosch Powerpack 500 battery. I can see the charging port on the bottom side of the battery but my question is, can the battery be removed and charged in the house or does it need to be on the bike at the time of charging.

Thanks

simondbarnes

can the battery be removed and charged in the house

Yes

spooky_b329

The battery motor type that slides into the downtube and drives the BB *has* to be removed to allow it to be charged. Which I think would actually be quite annoying if you have mains power where you keep the bike!

leffeboy

The battery motor type that slides into the downtube and drives the BB *has* to be removed to allow it to be charged.

Which motor is that? The common Bosch battery which sits in the downtube can be charged on the bike just fine.  On my wife’s bike there is a charging port on the bike itself

julians
    Free Member

The battery motor type that slides into the downtube and drives the BB *has* to be removed to allow it to be charged

That’s not correct for the bosch batteries and motor, they can be charged on or off the bike.

Think that’s also true of the specialized and shimano systems, but I don’t own those, so can’t be 100%certain on those.

chiefgrooveguru

“The battery motor type that slides into the downtube and drives the BB *has* to be removed to allow it to be charged. ”

My Levo has a battery that fits like this and I’ve never removed it. Always charged on the bike.

iolo
    Free Member

If you have the key it is easy to remove the battery.
    Is it a Teru?
    We have some and are great little bikes.

spooky_b329

Just checked and I was referring to the Fazua Evation, I saw it on a Kinesis bike.

One of the reviews said it had to removed, however I just checked and it sounds like you can dismount it partially to charge without actually taking it off the bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Charging e bike battery off the bike’ is closed to new replies.