Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Charger 2.1 RC2 base settings
  • dirkpitt74

Just upgraded the damper on my Yari’s.
    What’s a good base setting with the HSC and LSC?
    First ride tomorrow so want somewhere to start.
    Someone suggested HSC fully open and halfway on the LSC – sound about right?

chiefgrooveguru

I’d go about a third of the way on the LSC unless you’re heavier, really ragging it or running a lot of sag. Great damper!

tinglesrack
    Free Member

It really depends on how much you weigh with all your kit on, how much travel, and what sort of riding you’re doing. Without these factors anyones advice is just guesswork. I know that sounds a bit negative but its meant in good faith 🙂
    Just hit the trails and try minor adjustments for yourself. Make small logical changes and ride the same section of trail to see how it responds

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

What does the LSC add? Would you run more for faster riding? Today I was running 0 LSC and 1 HSC, sag at a guess 25%. 75kg and reasonably aggressive/confident.

chopchop
    Free Member

Out of interest, where did you source the charger from?

dirkpitt74

@chopchop I got it from bike-discount.

chopchop
    Free Member

Thank you

bloodyshins
    Free Member

Are you on the debonair spring or solo air? I’ve got the lyrik ultimates with the same damper and the debonair spring. Weigh 12st and ride fairly aggressive. Running 30% sag (more that I did on my old forks but these seem to work better with more sag as the mid stroke of the debonair spring is so supportive). I have both HSC & LSC wound all the way off & find them plenty supportive and insanely smooth. Usual trails are Peak & lake District rocks and steep, rooty off piste stuff but I also found them fine with all the compression wound off at BPW, revs and black mountains too. I was fully expecting to have to wind a load of compression on to deal with hitting berms and jumps but they held up just fine. There is still a reasonable amount of HSC present with the dial wound all the way out. Only time I’ve felt like I wanted more LSC is stood up climbing. I borrowed a shock wiz and it confirmed that the setup was good, it did tell me to run less rebound damping than I used to, they felt super bouncy pushing down on the bars but so much better on the trail. First ride, run em wide open, don’t choke the spring with excessive compression damping and start adding clicks of LSC if you find them too wallowy. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised, it’s an amazing damper!

chiefgrooveguru

More LSC can be nice when you’re pumping harder, either because you’re going as fast as possible or because you’re on a smooth bermy jumpy flow trail.

walleater

I have the same fork as Bloodyshins and agree with him. rockshox added quite a bit of LSC over the older damper (and backed off on HSC a bit IIRC). I have both backed off and the fork feels stiff enough under climbing and braking forces to not need more LSC.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Charger 2.1 RC2 base settings’ is closed to new replies.