Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Charge Spoon Ti or Fizik Gobi Saddle?
  • sting
    Free Member

Hi Guys,
    Looking to spend some Christmas money on a new saddle.I've narrowed it down to these two, but can't decide on which one. The Gobi is nearly twice the price of the spoon, but is it twice as good? Both have rave reviews, but i'm looking for real rider opinions. Cheers in advance 😯

bol

I've got both, and it's the gobi I'll buy again. It's comfortable and well shaped from the off. I ran my spoon on my road bike for a while and found it didn't do my circulation any good on a long ride, if you know what I mean.

billyboy
    Free Member

I am one of four people I know who found the Gobi a painfull experience. You do set out thinking this is comfy but four hours worth of riding gives you crutch ache for three weeks.

Flite Titanium or On One Inbred £10/£15 jobby are the best I've used.

tootin

the spoon is great. I have it on all my bikes, unfortunately I have never tried a Gobi so I can't compare :-/. Thumbs up for the spoon though

MrTall
    Free Member

I have both and find the Charge more comfortable.

I also don't think it's worth going for the Ti version over the normal as the weight saving is pretty nominal for the extra money.

Spamf
    Free Member

I'm afraid its a thumbs down from me for the Spoon. I submitted to the hype on here and bought one, but just don't find it comfy. I'm looking at replacing it with a Spesh when I have some disposable.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…Gobi…

Have I got my point across 😯

jim
    Free Member

Spoon works for me.

I'd second not bothering with the Ti version too, no real benefit as I see it over the cromo.

Northwind

Like any saddle, you've got to be the right shape so either one could be better. Standard spoon is very good, ti one is barely lighter but supposed to be more flexible, don't know about that myself. Check out the Knife as well btw… It's less shaped which is bad for some, good for others.

gab344
    Free Member

+1 for the Charge Spoon (Ti in brown)

mboy
    Free Member

Bought a bike fitted with a brand new Fizik Gobi… Tried it on a ride, really didn't get on with it. So messed around with saddle height and angles etc just to see if I had got something awry, rode it again, only compounded the fact I think it has to be the most uncomfortable saddle I've ever tried! And some people love them!

Anyway, bought another Charge Spoon (cromo railed) to replace it… The Spoon just seems the right shape to me. Sure, they're firm and they don't flex much (maybe the ti railed does flex a bit more than the cromo perhaps), but the shape manages not to put an undue amount of pressure on any of my pressure points, it seems to manage to spread my weight out nice and evenly across a large surface area, not creating any hot spots. With the Gobi I felt like I was sitting on a knife blade after 10 minutes, no support at all either side of the centre ridge!

The only other saddle I get on with, and it's quite a different shape again, is the SDG Bel Air. I think the Bel Air wins the outright comfort stakes for me because it flexes more, but the shape is a pig to hang your arse off the back of as I snag my shorts on the way back, and invariably unless the terrain is totally flat, I can't get back on the bloody saddle once going off the back! Spoon wins out here by miles as it's very easy to get on and off it.

Reluctant
    Free Member

The Gobi is wrong! Rode Afan on one a few years back on a demo bike – very bad arse experience!
    Been using Flites for donkeys years, and just replaced my last one with a Charge Knife, all seems well so far.
    I've got Ti Spoons in stock too 😉

Potter
    Free Member

Hi Guys,
    Looking to spend some Christmas money on a new saddle.I've narrowed it down to these two, but can't decide on which one. The Gobi is nearly twice the price of the spoon, but is it twice as good? Both have rave reviews, but i'm looking for real rider opinions. Cheers in advance

why dont you just borrow my saddle an test it out tart?? 😯

steve_b77
    Free Member

Spoon every time, I too wouldn;t bother with the Ti one as it hardly weighs any less.

You could get yourself a nice pair of matching lock-ons with the saved cash

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Charge Spoon

Thread now closed. 😀

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

You do have to angle the gobi down a bit so that the back end swoops up, but it is the best saddle I've used. I have a charge saddle here that'll I'll go sit on now ……… mmm not bad

Andituk
    Free Member

Really does depend on your arse.

I found my spoon terribly uncomfortable. Replaced it with a Gobi which was better, but still not great.

The cheap WTB that came on my Trance seems to be the most comfortable so far!

toons
    Free Member

I've used both for about a year, wouldn't buy either.

Get a SDG Bel-Air R L and ti if you can afford it.

Bregante

+1 for WTB. Knackered a charge spoon at a bike park in Spain (forget which one) and had to buy a new one to keep riding. They had a fleet of Kona Stinky demo's and I bought a used Kona branded WTB (silverado?) for 15 euro's. Two years on and still going strong.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Charge Spoon Ti or Fizik Gobi Saddle?’ is closed to new replies.