Charge spoon?

Home Forum Bike Forum Charge spoon?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Charge spoon?
  • LMT

As good as it used to be??

Been running specialized BG saddles on my other bikes and to be honest impressed, but on the new hardtail really don’t want to splash too much cash, i remember having a charge spoon which was spot on in the past, still a comfy saddle or is anything out there better for the price point.

Currently have a BG Henge 143 on both road bike and Speshi Camber.

Premier Icon ahwiles
    Subscriber

charge scoop.

more or less the same, but slightly nicer, and only a few more £’s.

would i buy another scoop? – yes.

would i buy another spoon? – no, i’d buy a scoop.

mmel

I’ve had a couple of Spoons. Good cheap saddles that are pretty comfy but I found the stitching ate my shorts (not in a Bart Simpson way)

I now use a Charge Scoop which has a smooth seat that so far has been kinder to my bum.

emac65

As above,the spoon’s seem very hard on shorts,went through 3 pairs last year !

fozzybear

I have this year’s spoon.
    It had a odd rubber coating on the top.
    It sticks to my short like poo does to fur.

Great now I’m breaking it in.
    It’s a black marbled effect.

phatstanley

to balance out the debate: my shorts wore out the threads on my spoon.
    bought a new one for the mtb and rock one of my commuter, too.

STATO

As with fozzy, the current black spoons have a grippy upper compared to the previous perforated leather effect top the original came with, and still found on other colours. I flippin hate it! Sticks to your shorts, bring back the old one!!

acidchunks

Switched to a scoop from a spoon about a month ago and loving it so far.

Lycra?

dirtbiker100

Hmmm I’m the opposite of people in this thread it seems.
    Bought a Ti Scoop, bent it on the very first crash I had, wasn’t as comfy as I thought the spoon is, looks silly with its droopy nose.
    And I much prefer the new grippier spoon covering, hate sliding around on my saddle.

jamiep

i found the overly grippy top was a pain for a few rides but then weathered perfectly. Have them on all 3 of my MBT. No issues with the stitching wearing or shorts wearing either

jamiep

ahwiles
    charge scoop.
    more or less the same, but slightly nicer, and only a few more £’s.

Where from? I see Spoon = £20; Scoop + £38

EDIT: Ah, Tredz have the Scope for £32 in some colours

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

If you don’t like details of the Spoon, then the Gusset R and the Madison Flux are the same saddle with different hats on. And some of those hats are ****ing brilliant:

Premier Icon bigjim
    Subscriber

prefer my bel air to my spoon, also find the more pointy front of the spoon tries to grab my shorts and kill me.

gdj001

I’ve got both a spoon and a spec bg henge. I would have got another spec for the hardtail but like you didn’t want to the spend the money and the spoon is very good for the money

rocketman

Got a black/green dimpled Spoon from Leisure Lakes last year and more recently a marbled black/red model I think the newer saddle is just aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh….mmmmmmmm

Also have a Scoop and while it looks very ‘now’ I don’t think it is quite as comfortable as the Spoon although the difference is marginal

Premier Icon eviljoe
    Subscriber

But the big question is

DO THEY STILL SQUEEK?

My spoon drives me mad with this, sometimes have to stop mid ride to oil it. Oiling a saddle is just wrong.

butcher

But the big question is

DO THEY STILL SQUEEK?

My spoon drives me mad with this, sometimes have to stop mid ride to oil it. Oiling a saddle is just wrong.

I definitely have some squeaking around the spoon area. Haven;t investigated to see if it is the seat, seatpost, or something else, but it’s fairly prominent!

IanW

Yep recently got one of the new batch from wiggle and the covering seems a bit naff. Haven’t put it on a bike yet, maybe it’ll wear in ok.

jaymoid

Two spoons here, no squeeking or shredded shorts.

STATO

I put the grippy spoon on my cross bike so its been through a load of mud and abuse, it still looks good so wear isnt an issue with it but the grippyness was a pain. I tend to slide forward/back on the saddle rather than lift and move and it kept snagging my shorts, to the point that it was pulling them out of place. The old one when covered in mud was pretty slippy, but then most saddles are so its expected.

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

Pait of older Ti Spoons here, with lovely shiny smooth covers.
    They are like old friends.
    Love them.

Bazz

I’ve just counted up and realised i have 5 Spoons, I think it’s fair to say i’m a fan.

Premier Icon Moe
    Subscriber

I’ve got a Spoon on my SS and it’s quiet and comfortable, fit & forget sort of stuff. I’ve got a Scoop on order for my 29’er as the Syncros OE one is starting to look decidedly tired ….. probably suggesting I’m a fat git!

lightning

I just ordered a new Spoon ti online, so will see how l get on with it and report back.

There is some confusion among online sellers, as to whether the new ti Spoon has a leather upper, or a synthetic one.

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

I like the Spoons and the equivalent Gusset R-Series/Madison Flux clones. However I find that they lose their support after a year or so. The Specialized saddles I also like don’t suffer so quickly but are, of course, more expensive.

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Those SDG Falcons from Merlin are superb.
    Very, very Spoonish but lighter, more give and nicer covers.
    £30.00 for the basic Ti ones.

craigxxl

Spoon on the MTB and Scoop on the CX. The Scoop is very comfy not the Spoon isn’t but the newer saddle takes the comfort to another level.

coastkid

Happy with a recent new Charge spoon fitted to one of the fatbikes, ideal on a bike you sit down spinning on more than usual on an MTB,
    £20 too! 🙂

emac65

chiefgrooveguru – Member

Lycra?

Hell no ! Baggies all the way 😉

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Charge spoon?’ is closed to new replies.