Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Charge Scissor info request please
  • Dekerfer
    Free Member

Hi all

I have been out of the bike market for a while but am now looking for an urban run around which I can also use on some easy singletrack.

Have found a Charge Scissor which is a singlespeed/fixed 29er with plenty of clearance for tyres and looks like what i need (had originally intended to buy or build up a flatbar Pompino but can’t find something suitable).

However, can anyone tell me what the maximum chainring size I can fit to a Scissor would be? Looks like it comes with a 25T front and 14T freewheel. For a bonus point, does anyone know if I can simply fit a new chainring to the existing crank (a three part BMX type – not sure what that is) or will I need to put on new cranks?

Thanks in advance for the help!

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

I’ve not got one myself, but I have seen them with larger rings on, certainly in the 40’s.
    The BMX typ cranks, other than some Profile models, just have a bolt through the ring into the arm, so I’d imagine any BMX ring would be fine to use. Also, any clearance issues can be addressed by simply spacing the arms out (within reason; too much and it’s a new axle).

Dekerfer
    Free Member

Nice one, thanks. You get the points! With a 14T on the back, I won’t have to go too mad on the front.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Charge Scissor info request please’ is closed to new replies.