Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • charge duster vs cove handjob
  • hotcharge
    Free Member

thinking of ditching my charge duster and replacing it with a cove handjob, anyone got any ideas….Just cant get turned on by a full susser

DezB
    Free Member

Good move I’d say. You’ll notice a big difference. Cove feels much lighter and “steel-like”. IME anyway. (Although the stickers aren’t quite as cool 😉 )

StuF

I like my cove hj, miles better than my old trek 7000. so much faster down hill, drop the seat and it really comes alive 😈

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

For a similar price to the Handjob, I’d much rather have a Cotic Soul (if they came big enough for a tall ‘un like me).

qwerty
    Free Member

get a Cove HJ and run a bolt through fork (i’m using Pike at 140 no issues, new RS Rev would be perfect)

rockyb23
    Free Member

I used to have a handjob and now I have a duster.

Given the choice I would go back tomorrow. Much as it pains me to admit, the hj is a better bike, better geometry and as the other fella said, more ‘steel-like’. It feels like it has about 2″ of rear suspension, has the uncanny ability to seem like it’s bending around corners, and its unflappable on fast rocky downs. The Duster isn’t a bad bike, and there are some things it does very well, but the hj is better.

hotcharge
    Free Member

rocky, its interesting that you have done the reverse of what I am planning, the reason I am changing is i am forever getting chain suck with my duster. It feels like its costing me a fortune in new chains and then new rear cassettes. Dont think there is enough clearance for a chain with xt crank/middle ring. Other mates have a santa cruz and a niner and they have way more room between the ring and chain stay.. The Duster does feel whippet like often, but sometimes want some stiffness!

steve_b77
    Free Member

You won’t go wrong with a HJ, I’ve had mine for 7 months now, it started life with U-Turn Coil Revs on it, they’ve since been donated to my FS and replaced with Reba Race’s set @ 115mm.

I love the bike @ this travel, it’s a stunnign single track machine with really snappy handling.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘charge duster vs cove handjob’ is closed to new replies.