• This topic has 36 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Characters you work with
  • slowoldman

Recently, Bingo from Banana Splits started working with us.

Honestly the likeness is uncanny. Well apart from the hat.

wallop

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Well there was Dog Otter who looked like a cross between a dog and an….
    Billy Half Lugs who only had half an ear
    One ball Louie who only had one..
    And the list goes on

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/o-In13bZbAQ[/video]
    But the guy I work with isn’t green..

Caher

Yep I work with a few Muppets..or maybe they work with one.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

We have 3 Marks, dark Mark from Mauritius, skid Mark who farts a lot and question Mark who’s on a temporary contract.
    Also at another place where we worked a night shift, one of the guys use to collect pubic hair from around the ladies toilet seats, really strange character, kept it in a Swan Vesta match box.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

This guy

The left one.

And a guy has been tagged more than once as this guy

MrPottatoHead

I sometimes feel like I’m part of an odd experiment.

I work with Alf Garnett, Ru Paul, Beyonce, Jeremy Corbyn, Confucius, Nadiya from british bake off, Michael Cera, Kinpin from Daredevil (the new one) & Tim Lovejoy

kimbers

I work with 30 going on 50 scientists he’s just finished this PhD, but already wears a tweed jacket.

Despite us having a summer break from weekly journal club

We got this message from him today

Hi all, I’ll present this ‘golden oldie’ from 2015 tomorrow: might make a vibrant discussion. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Subclonal+diversification+of+primary+breast+cancer+revealed+by+multiregion+sequencing

I’ve got a ton of stuff to do tomorrow and already booked some equipment that I’ve been waiting weeks to use, sigh

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Yep, Alf Garnett on steroids, Arfur Daley, Citizen Khan, Chunk from the Goonies, Mike Brewer from Wheeler Dealers, Mr Magoo too name a few.

Citizen Smith (but with an Italian twist) and Cat boy

P-Jay
    Free Member

One guy who’s a creationist.

Another who worked for a company that didn’t exist for over 10 years and whose accountants are currently trying to work out how to tell HMRC without anyone ending up in prison.

Previously worked with a Guy who was a bit of a hero of mine (but didn’t like personally) he worked from home 250 miles from the nearest colleague – it was estimated he worked 2-3 hours a day, 2-3 days a week at most. 5 years before I started he was part of a 3 person team, they laid off the other 2 and made him a ‘regional director’ on a temporary basis whilst he handled the other two members redundancy – when I left 10 years later he was still a regional director, I think he retired a few years ago – on a directors salary. £75k a year at a guess working part-time, his biggest arseache was driving up to us once a month for meetings, he wore a pair of jeans and a shirt in a company with a dress code written in the 50s.

kayak23

A colleague recently.
    😐

tomhoward

Half the cast of ‘made in Chelsea’, all condensed into one person, but with 20% of the standard amount of brain cells.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

our latest victim, sorry work colleague has so far been tagged as…

wrong eye, but close

a younger version before all the trouble and strife

in profile…

It’s an anatomy thing…allegedly…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

One of my best mates who is now almost 70 & left the prison service some years ago. Waldorf, from the Muppets.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Don’t really work with the same bunch all the time, but heard a great description of a chippie that worked on a site where everybody had a nickname. He wore a pair of kind of dungarees that only had eleasticated braces down the front. He kept a variety of tools hooked to the braces and then one big long knife or saw type thing in a pouch in the back – which he would sometimes “draw” over his shoulder. His nickname was Buckaroo. 😆

km79
    Free Member

There is a guy who talks to dead people, sees ghosts, spirits all that shite. He performs exorcisms and drives away demons etc etc. Weird as **** when you start talking to him, appears completey normal as long as you don’t.

badllama
    Free Member

Two of the girls in our CS team are

Chipmunk aka Vicky (or Chippy or Alvin), never shuts up and sounds like Alvin the chipmunk)

GPS (Natasha) she gets lost (a lot) we did a trade show the other week and she got lost in the car park. I kid you not.

Speshpaul

I spend most of my working day by myself, can you imagine the sh7t I have to put up with!?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

The guys in our work steam room and sauna (don’t ask, but yes!) are always very friendly

DezB
    Free Member

Bunch of knobs down the other end of our office seem to miss the fact that they’re in an open plan office and think they’re this lot

But without the laughs.

vongassit
    Free Member

Just a few from the special candidates I have daily interactions with, there are plenty more 😆

funkmasterp

I work with a small team of normal people now, but when I was in Ops (same company) I worked with David Essex, Henry the eighth, eastern European Freddie Mercury and emaciated Bob Carolgees. It was like working for a look a like agency 😯

DezB
    Free Member

At the other end of my office, there was talk yesterday of a big board gaming weekend 😯
    Definitely a case of…

Cougar

Ooh, Settlers of Catan.

(Second Edition.)

Cougar

GPS (Natasha) she gets lost (a lot) we did a trade show the other week and she got lost in the car park. I kid you not.

Years ago we interviewed a chap called Satnam. We spent a good 20 minutes before the interview making GPS jokes and getting quite giddy.

Come the interview, chap turns up, my colleague greets him with “Hi, I’m Bob… did you find us alright?” I had to do a sharp left into a side office to recover.

rocketman
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

I had to do a sharp left into a side office to recover.

Did you then turn around when possible?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I work from home. As such, the company I keep at work is pretty terrible.

finbar
    Free Member

BoardinBob

HansRey

Johnny Bravo, a sleazy frenchman and half the cast of the Devil Wears Prada. Oh, the joys of working in fashion

binners

I worked for a few years with a guy who was the absolute double of Jezza

Except when it came to politics he was the most true blue, Daily Mail reading Tory you could ever meet 🙂

Torminalis
    Free Member

kayla1
    Free Member

These are from my last job (I’m self-employed now)-

third from left, the Modern Parents dad was my boss-

and we had a Beaker as well.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Mostly this type.
    I can’t really claim they look like anyone in particular, because mostly they all look the same.. some slightly younger, some slightly older, but the attitude is steadfastly the same.

DezB
    Free Member

My previous company had far more ineresting characters. People said our manager was this bloke, I thought it was cruel (but true)

We also had (also harsh, but fair)

and my most hated

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Characters you work with’ is closed to new replies.