Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Chaps. When at home (or in somebody else's), do you do sit down wees?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

*flushes

yunki
    Free Member

Wow.. I’d never even heard of this phenomenon until the last thread on STW..

Where I come from, little boys stop pissing sitting down at the age of 3, and that’s where the story ends..

People are freakier than I ever knew!

richmars

As yunki say. Where was I when this started? I seemed to have missed the memo/email/public information broadcast.

D0NK

TBH laziness is a large part of it, why stand when you can take a break? why choose to have to concentrate on aim when you can just take a seat and relax?
    As per mintimperial I have low BP and suffer dizzy spells esp after getting out of bed so it’s an obvious choice for during the night.
    Friends houses I tend to sit aswell.
    Since living in my own house and having to do my own cleaning I certainly sit down to pee at home, if your aim is perfect and flow so light that there is no splashback then your are in a tiny, tiny minority, as has been mentioned, how come public bogs have piss puddles everywhere?
    I use urinals if they have some, if not then I’ll stand,lift the seat (which seems to be a novel concept to many) and aim carefully.
    Some blokes obviously don’tGAS as the puddles and piss sprinkled bog seats testify, if you’re pissing on the bog seat there’s no way you haven’t got piss all over your pants you lazy, filthy git.

What’s with the emasculated comments? Sounds like people insecure about their own maculinity.

GrahamS

Where I come from, little boys stop pissing sitting down at the age of 3, and that’s where the story ends..

But why?

I think we all agree that standing up is generally messier and less hygienic – so what’s so “manly” about it?

Maybe it’s an animal instinct to do with marking territory?
    Or perhaps being lightly misted by your own piss was a good way to create your scent? I’ve seen monkeys rub piss on themselves for that reason.

yunki
    Free Member

It’s just what we were taught as kids..

Compounded by taking all my adult hygiene regimes from the Hell’s Angels book of masculinity..
    Sitting down to piss is also quite an unattractive idea for a kid when you don’t have an indoor loo
    I sort of get the concept, just never heard of it before

I guess the superbugs/antibiotics problem has some unlikely allies

D0NK

It’s just what we were taught as kids..

yeah it’s tradition, it’s what we’ve always done, but as with other traditions when you actually apply some thought you see it is flawed.

Having said that a midride wiz stood trailside with a fantastic view of rolling hills/forests/mountains is rather nice.

Haze

Depends how long I think I’m gonna be there.

Cougar

how come public bogs have piss puddles everywhere?

Beer.

enfht
    Free Member

It’s a female conspiracy to win the ‘leave the seat down’ offensive they’ve waged ever since crappers were invented, where the manual clearly stated Men Stand To Piss.

richmars

I see the advantages, it’s just that it seems so widespread but I’ve never heard of it before. Maybe I lead a sheltered life and don’t talk about pissing habits with family and friends.

senorj

Sometimes,when I’m ensconced in trap 2 at work ,I hear “crazy Kev” having a wee in trap 3.He rubs the end of his penis clean so vigorously with toilet tissue that it frightens me !!!! He tells me his mother used to make him do it…he’s 55 now.

tomhoward

He rubs the end of his penis clean so vigorously with toilet tissue that it frightens me.

Aye, right. ‘Cleaning it’

hammerite
    Free Member

My aim is ok, but as I’ve got older a side dribble has developed. I decided I’d prefer my piss to be going in the toilet than down my trousers – so I sit down.

It’s also very handy at whiling away a bit more time/procrastinating “yeah I’ll be down to finish that job in a bit, just on the loo.” Never get asked if it’s a number one or two.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Brings to mind having a slash at one of those long stainless steel urinals in a pub during the summer years ago – the ones where three or four chaps can go at the same time. I had shorts and a t-shirt on. Entered toilet at same time as another chap. Took up our positions at opposite ends. But no, this guy was a bit worse for wear. And couldn’t quite maintain his position. Added to this he decided he’d start firehosing left, right, up, down. I think my face might have been the only bit of exposed skin that didn’t feel a fine mist of his piss. 😡

mattsccm
    Free Member

Amazing.
    Of late I might when its dark, 3am and My eyes are still closed. it can get worrying standing and letting go and not hearing the splash. Too much beer means I can’t stand still or maybe even upright long enough for a good slash

jam-bo

Brings to mind having a slash at one of those long stainless steel urinals in a pub during the summer years ago – the ones where three or four chaps can go at the same time. I had shorts and a t-shirt on. Entered toilet at same time as another chap. Took up our positions at opposite ends. But no, this guy was a bit worse for wear. And couldn’t quite maintain his position. Added to this he decided he’d start firehosing left, right, up, down. I think my face might have been the only bit of exposed skin that didn’t feel a fine mist of his piss.

Could be worse…

stuey
    Free Member

<just saying like> Don’t most Muslim men sit down to pee (?)

v8ninety

So, what exactly are you ‘just saying’? (Just wondering, like…)

stuey
    Free Member

sorry if misconstrued – I was just indicating that a lot of cultures think standing to pee is uncouth / unsanitary – not just short wearing pasty eaters of stw 🙂

Drac

convert

Despite popular myths to the contrary manly men go to sea. As anyone who has spent time at sea will verify you either piss over the side (downwind) or if you really need to go below decks you sit down. Stand up pissing below deck in a rough sea looks someone has attached a sprinkler head to your knob and told you hose the room down.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

One of my buddies once told me he sits to pee.. weird I thought..
    However, I instilled a sitting only policy for myself in our upstairs bathroom.. why? Because we have young kids that crawl around everywhere. They are now getting to the age where they should probably go back to sit down pee’ing also
    I pride myself in being a good aim, but regardless of how accurate you are, regardless how little evidence you leave behind of dribbles on the rim.. you absolutely are splashing back out of the toilet bowl everytime you stand to pee.

Those of you with carpeted toilets wont see it (but wont care anyway).. those of you with light colored flooring probably wont either. But next time you go into the toilet for a stand up pee, go take a close look at the floor surrounding the toilet and look for the hundreds of little drops of splashback on the floor. Lets call it the physics of pee.
    Happens regardless of peeing on the porcelain or into the water.
    Fortunately I get to retain my manhood and stand to pee downstairs, public toilets, in the forest and everywhere else.

Mugboo

For me it’s simply down to what pants I’m wearing. Jeans, open the fly and splash it around, PJ’s, slip em down and enjoy a sit down pee.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The sink cannot safely support my weight. 😆

mrsfry
    Free Member

This is why i never shake hands with anyone!
    Men are blooming weird

CountZero

Only at night in the semi-dark, when aiming is more difficult, especially with a semi.

This ^

I was astounded in Pakistan to see men squatting to pee in the open air, not standing up.

But there are snakes! Poisonous snakes! 😯
    And quite probably other things in the grass that bite!

silentsi
    Free Member

Sit down if I gave to climb stairs to get to the toilet. It’s nice to have a little rest.

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Chaps. When at home (or in somebody else's), do you do sit down wees?’ is closed to new replies.