Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Chap posted a video on here where he was pinged from his bike following a jump
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

Anyone remember who posted the vid of them selves being ejected from their bike following a jump recently? Looked like the back end smacked him up the bum.

Same thing happened to me last week and I want to know why.

Cheers

d45yth
    Free Member

Could the shock rebound be too fast?

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I would guess that you were sitting down and there was at least a bit of scoop to the jump rather than being a flat kicker and the front wheel had dropped so that the bike is trying to go forwards but the back has to go up to get over the jump, causing rotation.

johnj2000
    Free Member

I was being a wuss. I bottled it on a larger drop off 3 times previous to this one and when I went round this one I looked at it and thought ‘FFS man it’s tiny’ so I went back and rode it. As I went over all I remember is the bike seat coming up and whacking me in the knads.

Rebound is set in the center, I thnk I am just crap.

takisawa2

Loose women, of ill repute, trawl this forum in search of Rad Lovegods of Gnar.
    And now they’re leaving.
    😀

johnj2000
    Free Member

*hangs head in shame*

scaled
    Free Member

I think it was a chap called euro?

chiefgrooveguru

Sounds like you didn’t pump off the face of the jump (to send it) or shift your hips back and let the bike through (to flatten it) or mix up the two; and instead just rode off it… Do something next time!

stevied
    Free Member
    johnj2000
    Free Member

Bugger! Can’t view on the iPad but I am sure it is no more than I deserve.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Chiefguru, next time?

hazza123
    Free Member

wasn’t this was it?
    clicky

rOcKeTdOg

When this happens to me its because I have run out of talent….happens quite often 🙂

JCL
    Free Member

Weight distribution.

messiah
    Free Member
    johnj2000
    Free Member

Link not working messiah. Even tried to sign up for some skills coaching with the chap in Hertfordshire but nothing available until October. I think I will continue with the avoidance technique going forward.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Chap posted a video on here where he was pinged from his bike following a jump’ is closed to new replies.