Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Channel 4 News – taking in refugees
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Just watched Channel 4 news where it was reported that Sweden has opened it’s door to accept all refugees from war torn nation of Syria. The newcomers will be given permanent residency immediately in Sweden with no questions asked.

What do you think? Possible in UK?

Good idea or long term headache?

Discuss …

😯

teethgrinder

If they can get there without setting foot in another safe country – yes.

Same as I feel about them settling here.

kimbers

you mean theyll be treated like human beings!

wtf, Nigel Farrage wouldnt allow that piffle here

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chewkw
    Free Member

UK might be able to handle such mass migration because of her past experience in handling others during the empire days but for Sweden … 😯

There will be massive impact in the social order in one or two generations with such tiny population. 😆

In my experience, within 30 years the Swedes will feel it.

Where I came from far far away (population 3 million plus), I am now a minority in my hometown (within this 30 years our native is practically outnumbered by new arrivals – I feel for the natives) because of mass migration … legal and illegal. I am absolutely certain there will be massive ethnic war in future. We are talking about machete war. i.e. hack each other to pieces … rather common in that part of the world. 🙄

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Temporary residency for the duration of the trouble I can understand, but permanent residency would seem to imply that the Sweads think Syria will be a permanent basket case.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Many of the Scandinavian countries are looking to significantly increase their populations due to low birth rates and emigration so are welcoming in just about anyone. We’re not quite in the same situation and have an immigration rate about as high as we can cope with.

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, the Scandinavians are trying to increase their gene pools to avoid inbreeding, but letting everyone in without screening is practically asking for troubles.

Integration? I think it will be the other way round. The Swedes will be assimilated … resistance is futile.

Open door policy is like gold rush, you just don’t let the opportunity goes.

The politicians and policy makers have just destroyed their own country.

Steelfreak – Member

Temporary residency for the duration of the trouble I can understand, but permanent residency would seem to imply that the Sweads think Syria will be a permanent basket case.

It will be the native Swedes that will become the basket case in the long run.

The Finns are right to reject taking anyone as they know the consequences of migrants as they live next door to the Big Bear. 😆

Houns

*puts on Syrian accent and moves to Sweden*

chewkw
    Free Member

Houns – Member

*puts on Syrian accent and moves to Sweden*

I wonder if I can calm asylum in Sweden for fear of being persecuted by Henry VIII’s bureaucrats here?

I don’t mind being given a house to live in Sweden and being taught Swedish …

The govt don’t need to feed me but just give me a house … hmmm … I can start my own business. Besides, I can also contribute to their gene pool if they so wish.

:mrgreen:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Channel 4 News – taking in refugees’ is closed to new replies.