Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Channel 4 live streaming oddity
  • jeffl

So we have a Samsung TV and LG TV. On the Samsung TV the Channel 4 app lets you live stream, has an option for it from the main menu, nice and easy.

But on the LG TV the Channel 4 app has no menu option to live stream and I can’t find it buried anywhere.

The channel 4 website lets you live stream.

So what am I missing? Is anyone with an LG TV able to stream channel 4 live, via the app?

Aerial isn’t an option BTW, as we don’t have one.

fossy

How new, we’ve TV’s that won’t do certain stuff SMART’ly.

jeffl

Samsung TV is about 4 years old. LG was purchased about 2 weeks ago but is a 2022 model.

Has the Channel 4 app, so seems to be an app limitation rather than TV limitation.

simondbarnes

Can’t watch it live through the app on my lg tv, just tried.

Cougar

Is there an update available for the app? (Long shot, they usually auto-update).

I don’t think my LG has a Channel 4 app at all even, thinking about it. I have to use the Xbox. Which is the answer really, some form of external device like a Fire Stick.

jeffl

Thanks Simon, least it’s not just me. Cougar, yeah the app came pre-installed. Uninstalled it and reinstalled as I thought it may be some janky version or not have auto updated.

submarined
    Free Member

The channel 4 app in all its’ forms appears to have been a constant beta ever since it first cast it’s miserable shadow on a Chromecast all those years ago.
    It makes Red Bull TV look accomplished.

simondbarnes

Thanks Simon, least it’s not just me

I do have an aerial, a satellite dish and a chromecast connected to the tv so I can watch it live despite the rubbish app 🙂

gordimhor

No live option for channel 4 on my lg tv

jeffl

Thanks everyone. Looks like it’s a limitation of the Channel 4 app on LG TVs then, weird.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.