Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Changing travel on Rebas
  • granny_ring

So I have some Rebas that came with a secondhand frame I bought and they’re are marked as 120s but only getting just over 100mm travel.
    According to the serial number they were made in week 42 2013.
    Anyone know how the travel is adjusted on these – spacer, clip or different air shaft?
    Cheers.

wiggles
    Free Member

Air shaft, they usually have sag Marks for 120,100 and 80mm.

nickjb
    Free Member

Are you sure they aren’t stuck down? You could try burping them just in case.

granny_ring

No they’re working fine and there are markings for 80, 100 & 120mm.
    I’ve not worked on forks so is it an easy job someone clueless with sausage fingers?
    Wiggles, defo air shatf for that year?

granny_ring

Done a search for a 120mm air spring and on the Sram site is says I need # 11.4018.021.000
    Debating on having a go or sending it away for a service and getting the longer spring fitted then…

pastcaring
    Free Member

2013 Duel air?
    If so then it’s internal spacers.

hols2
    Free Member

If they’re Solo Air that need a new airshaft, that’s a fairly simple job. However, if you’re going to send them away for servicing, easiest thing would be to have it done than. Or try doing it yourself and send them off for a service if you mess up the job.

granny_ring

I think 2012 was dual air these are solo air I’m sure…..goes off to double check…..
    Yes solo air they are.
    I guess I could have a go and send off to somewhere to have them put it right but as I’m not sure on when they were last serviced I might just send them away.

granny_ring

Bit of an update.

Ordered this airspring and it turns out that it’s the same length as the one fitted in the forks so why am I getting just over 100mm travel, the forks are 120mm…?
    They have been well looked after by the look if it so I’m a bit baffled….

Reba RL-A3 S/N 42T3143382

Any ideas folks thanks?

PJay
    Free Member

If it’s any help to you I’ve a copy of the 2013 Reba Service Manual (PDF) which I can send to you. It includes fitting air shafts and there’s a table showing showing airshaft lengths for 26er and 27.5/29er forks (according to this 120mm travel with a 29er fork requires a 222.2mm shaft).

PM me with an email and I can send it on to you (although it may still be on the SRAM site).

nixie

Aren’t solo airs of that age altered with spacers?

granny_ring

P Jay cheers, it might be the same as what’s on there but I message you to chenck thanks.
    The sring measures around 220mm.

nixie, think you just change the airspring on these to change the travel?
    I’ve got some 2012 dual air revs that you change the travel with spacers or clips I believe.

Could it be something in the damping side that’s reducing the travel…?

This fork fiddling is all new to be so I’m keen to learn!

PJay
    Free Member

Granny_Ring, could you let me have an email address (I can’t see one in your profile).

I can’t seem to PM you for some reason.

PJay
    Free Member
    granny_ring

Cheers PJay, that’s the one I got off the site but thanks tho.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Changing travel on Rebas’ is closed to new replies.