• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by adsh.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Changing shifter to i-spec b
  • Rubber_Buccaneer

Anyone else bought the SM-SL78-B kit to convert to i-spec b?

Anyone else wondered why the new cover appears to be shallower?

Anyone else taken ten minutes to work out they need to remove the (redundant) white plastic thingy that moves the gear indicator before the new cover will fit?

Just thought I’d share my stupidity 🙂

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I moved to ispec and when my brake lever failed, had to go back to normal as the newer replacement brake lever had a new ispec configuration. More trouble than it’s worth IMO.

Rubber_Buccaneer

You may be right but I wanted to use a hope matchmaker I already had (hope brakes) and don’t plan to change either in the foreseeable.

asbrooks

Don’t know whether you’ve seen this Converting Ispec

adsh
    Free Member

If it’s new Ispec b on shimano 11sp then you will need to get the file out on your matchmaker clamps.

My race brake matchmaker had to be machined/filed when Imoved from Ispec b 10speed to ispec b 11speed.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m still 10 speed but will want to go to 11 one day so that is annoying. Course it may be all 12 speed by the time I’m ready to replace everything.

adsh
    Free Member

Very annoying.

I spec b appears to mean something other than ‘specification’.

It’s not much work and you do get full functionality. If I was cynical I’d say Shimano were trying to limit the fitment of different manafacturers brakes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Changing shifter to i-spec b’ is closed to new replies.