Changing Return Flight Dates with BA

Home Forum Chat Forum Changing Return Flight Dates with BA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Changing Return Flight Dates with BA
  • Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Depends on your ticket. If you booked the cheapest, you probably don’t have a moveable ticket, so you may be charged a fair old percentage of your ticket price, or you’ll have to cancel and re-book.

However, having actually read your post now, I’d buy a single. Unless the visa regulations require you to have a return flight booked. Moveable tickets are quite a bit more expensive, and there may be constraints on those.

whatnobeer

However, having actually read your post now, I’d buy a single. Unless the visa regulations require you to have a return flight booked. Moveable tickets are quite a bit more expensive, and there may be constraints on those.

Visa just says I need enough cash to cover a return flight, so that’s fine. Looking at the BA site a return flight is ~£750, single double that unless you spend some avios, then it’s a reasonable ~£300. Sounds like that will be the best option then.

Edit: Aha! Just found the fare conditions for economy flights, £100 for each flight plus difference in fare, so two flights to get home would be more than £200 extra… a single it is then.

whatnobeer

Anyone done this and know how easy and costly the process is/might be?

I’ve had a look on the BA website but can’t find anything definitive.

The situation is that I’m heading to Canada in November on a one year working holiday visa, and I want to book the flights but you can’t book flights more than a year in advance. I was thinking of either just booking a one way flight now and sorting another one in a years time, or booking a return flight that returns a year today but then changing it once I’m out there, but don’t want to get stung with high service fee’s etc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Changing Return Flight Dates with BA’ is closed to new replies.