Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Changing Return Flight Dates with BA
  • whatnobeer
    Free Member

Anyone done this and know how easy and costly the process is/might be?

I’ve had a look on the BA website but can’t find anything definitive.

The situation is that I’m heading to Canada in November on a one year working holiday visa, and I want to book the flights but you can’t book flights more than a year in advance. I was thinking of either just booking a one way flight now and sorting another one in a years time, or booking a return flight that returns a year today but then changing it once I’m out there, but don’t want to get stung with high service fee’s etc

molgrips
    Free Member

Depends on your ticket. If you booked the cheapest, you probably don’t have a moveable ticket, so you may be charged a fair old percentage of your ticket price, or you’ll have to cancel and re-book.

However, having actually read your post now, I’d buy a single. Unless the visa regulations require you to have a return flight booked. Moveable tickets are quite a bit more expensive, and there may be constraints on those.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

However, having actually read your post now, I’d buy a single. Unless the visa regulations require you to have a return flight booked. Moveable tickets are quite a bit more expensive, and there may be constraints on those.

Visa just says I need enough cash to cover a return flight, so that’s fine. Looking at the BA site a return flight is ~£750, single double that unless you spend some avios, then it’s a reasonable ~£300. Sounds like that will be the best option then.

Edit: Aha! Just found the fare conditions for economy flights, £100 for each flight plus difference in fare, so two flights to get home would be more than £200 extra… a single it is then.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Changing Return Flight Dates with BA’ is closed to new replies.