Changing Reba travel

Home Forum Bike Forum Changing Reba travel

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Changing Reba travel
  • Wibble89

Not a video but really good comprehensive service instructions for the rebas can be found here if you haven’t already got them. Worth noting that not all rebas can be extended as some OEM ones are only a max of 100mm or 110mm, but you won’t necessarily find out until you have opened them and found that there is no travel spacer in them.

http://www.sram.com/service/rockshox/7,103

Premier Icon bails
    Subscriber

FYI, when you do it you’ll lose a few ml of fluid from each of the lower legs, but if you turn the forks upside down before removing the air spring assembly (the thing the spacers clip onto) you won’t need to replace the ‘main’ fluid in either the spring or the damper side.

I did it (well, in reverse, lowered the travel) on my Revs the other night. Pretty simple job.

Premier Icon ononeorange
    Subscriber

Great, thanks guys.

Fingers crossed!

Premier Icon tor5
    Subscriber

I did it a couple of weeks ago to a 2012 set I’d got from Merlin. Opened them up for a service, saw the spacer and thought I’d give myself an upgrade 🙂

the spare parts catalog (pg 31-32) has a good exploded view to show you where the spacer is and this manual will walk you through it. Note you’ll need a deep drive socket if you’ve got 2012 (perhaps 11) version and the 2013 model can’t be adjusted.

Premier Icon ononeorange
    Subscriber

I want to change Mrs O’s Rebas from 100mm to 120mm travel, which I am assured is relatively straightforward and I should watch the SRAM Tech video on Youtube.

However here’s where my extreme technophobia takes over. I can’t find the right video amongst a whole load of things.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? (I do want to watch this as I am ham-fisted enough to find getting the lowers off difficult).

Thanks in advance!

steel4real

As above – have just done the reverse – travel reduction – on a set of 2012 Rev’s and it is not more difficult that a lower service, as dropping the lowers off is most of the job and you may as well clean and service them at the same time 🙂

Premier Icon ononeorange
    Subscriber

Brilliant guys, thanks. I need a bit of confidence-enhancement.

Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Changing Reba travel’ is closed to new replies.