Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Changing hope bearings
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

Im new to this and want to save my self some cash by doing it my self, i can buy the bearings no probs but im not sure how to take them out and replace them into my hope pro 2 front hub, easiest way, suggestions pls!

pbooker1995
    Free Member

there is a video on Hope techs youtube page for the Pro 2 front hub.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

link me cause i cant find it 🙁 theres one for a 20mm conversion and a rear hub strip…

carlosg
    Free Member

Rubber mallet and flat screwdriver to knock out , one of the old bearings and rubber mallet to put back in. It’s that simple , did mine last week for the first time and was suprised how easy it actually was.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

so ur saying once u get the bearing out put the old bearing on top of new and gently tap in? what about the c-clips just a small screw driver? what if u dont have a tiny one and there all normal size lol

carlosg
    Free Member

If you don’t have a small screwdriver use a pointed blade knife from the kitchen , yes use the old bearing to seat the new one.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

awesome mate, i know alot of things but when it comes to knocking bearings out its just something ive never done so its time to learn something else new i guess 🙂 cheers buddy !

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

oh and one more thing, do i need to add a little grease behind and on top of the bearing on replace? or just clean it out and place it straight in ?

shindiggy
    Free Member

it is a really simple job and a pleasure to do, no more than an hour tops for the first time.

Northwind

To remove, smash with hammer. Reassembly is the same as disassembly.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ok just managed to ” smash em out ” with a hammer and screw driver, they came out brown tatts few balls popped out and a smell of burning lol, cleaned up the hub inside, all ready for new bearings, i take it you place on bearing in first then put the little axel tube in sitting on the bearing and pop the other on top ? if im correct, correct me if im wrong 🙂

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

^

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Changing hope bearings’ is closed to new replies.