Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Changing from Tiscali to Sky
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got a full Sky TV package that would give me free broadband so i’m thinking of changing from Tiscali which is costing me £13 a month.

Easy to do?

How long were you without broadband?

Will the experience make me upset?

Ta

nickc

Only from the Tiscali side. Recently did the same thing (from Orange) and Sky were actually pretty spot on. Plenty of notice, simple instructions, letters telling me how much money it would cost and when they’d take it. Painless

stano
    Free Member

Hmmmmm,
    Lets see now.
    Hated, I mean I really hated Tiscali, We were with them for about 5 years and they were without doubt the most incompetent idiots I have ever had the misfortune to have contact with.
    With Eclipse now and what they don’t know about Broadband and everything in-between is anyones guess.
    Ring the tech support guys on a Saturday morning and they will happily discuss anything geeky that you want with no cut off times, so long as you feel that you have had a good customer experience they will shoot the breeze with you.
    You pay a little extra but in my opinion you get what you pay for.
    Check out Eclipse before you make a decision that you may well regret!

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got no problem with Tiscali. Had it for 4 years without a blip.

Only moving to Sky to save £150+ a year.

stano
    Free Member

Yep, we had Tiscali for about 2 years before the sh1t hit the fan.
    They were worse than incompetent they actually scared me.
    Left no confidence in their ability to sort out anything.
    We could actually go on a sky package ourselves but we much prefer the confidence of knowing that our broadband is in safe hands with people who operate in this country, speak our language and understand when I take the p1ss out of them for something or other.
    Seriously, if money is your primary concern then go ahead, but if you want a decent service look elsewhere

Mr_C
    Free Member

I recently moved from Plusnet to Sky.

I changed as I got tired of Plusnet’s traffic shaping which slowed the speed to a crawl in the evenings and getting grief when the usage occasionally got to 12gigs in a month despite having a supposed 20gig limit.

The change to Sky was completely painless – I was given about 3 weeks notice after I gave them the migration number. The changeover occurred on the day they stated and I was without broadband for effectively no time at all as I was at work when it happened.

With Sky I have had no slowing of the service in the evening at all and I am very happy so far.

Be aware that all of Sky’s broadband packages are going to increase by £5 in the next year or so according to a letter I received in December.

GhostRider
    Free Member

H-t-S, i agree totally and have the same thoughts. What’s the story with your ***@tiscali.co.uk e-mail address? can you keep it or can you divert mail to your new address from SKY ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Changing from Tiscali to Sky’ is closed to new replies.