Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • changing car headlight bulbs?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Is their a correct orientation for the bulb seeing as it has 3 tabs on it? Beam pattern on mine is now shite

nickf
    Free Member

Two tabs are the same width, the third isn’t.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

They will only fit (properly) one way

rob-jackson
    Free Member

really? the tabs on mine seem the same, do they have locator holes? had to do it by “feel”

nickjb
    Free Member

They aren’t evenly spaced so should only go one way. Possibly it isn’t fully located.

Drac

If you’ve been a bit ham fisted it’s possible you moved the headlight adjustment.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

hmm maybe i am expecting too much 🙁 The tabs are fine and located, maybe i am looking at the beam too closely when i have not done it before?

CountZero

The handbook always recommends having the alignment redone after changing a bulb. Since starting to drive around 1977 I’ve never bothered, and never had problems, even on the Puma, which required the entire headlight unit to be removed from the car, an unbelievable phaff that was described as a roadside repair! It took around twenty to thirty minutes to change, for gawd’s sake. Takes about two minutes on the Octi.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Remember no touchy bulbs with fingers, grease of skin boils on glass and pops bulbs. Clean with solvent etc

nealglover
    Free Member

Did you just buy cheapo bulbs or decent ones ? (osram nightbreaker etc)

If you bought cheap, and had decent ones in before, there will be a massive difference.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

£15 each from halfords – xenon

nealglover
    Free Member

Never used those, but at that price they should be good really.

I always use Osram Nightbreaker+ off eBay at about £20 a pair for H4’s And they outshine anything else I have used for similar money.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘changing car headlight bulbs?’ is closed to new replies.