Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Change stw password due to data breach.
  • zippykona

Needed to log in again on my iPad and it told me to change my password.
    Is the issue at stw end or mine?

zilog6128

New security feature with iOS upgrade I think… basically checks your password against a list of known “compromised” ones. Do you re-use the same password among multiple sites? Bad idea if so! Change it & let it automatically generate a strong unique password (if you don’t do that already). Not specifically an STW problem unless they’ve been hacked lately!! 😉

jam-bo

Put your email into haveibeenpwned.com and it’ll tell you where the breach was.

Drac

Go to Settings – Passwords at the top look at Security you can see all potential issues. It’ll give you a reason for each one.

zilog6128

Put your email into haveibeenpwned.com and it’ll tell you where the breach was.

not necessary any more! As above, built into the OS now which is pretty cool.

Drac

not necessary any more! As above, built into the OS now which is pretty cool.

It’s much better as it spots similar password that you’ve used elsewhere and ones that very poor.

zippykona

My stw password is only used on here

zilog6128

Well, do the thing suggested above then, it’ll tell you what it thinks the issue is!

jam-bo

It’s much better as it spots similar password that you’ve used elsewhere and ones that very poor.

Doesn’t tell you where the breach was though. Only that it is compromised.

I changed a few the other night, went to log in the next day and iOS had neglected to actually save the secure passwords that it had helpfully suggested…

Drac

Doesn’t tell you where the breach was though. Only that it is compromised.

No, it does tell you if it’s a rubbish password and why though.

footflaps

My stw password is only used on here

Doesn’t mean it hasn’t been got from another website used by someone else….

With 100s of millions of users making up passwords you get a lot of duplication.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Change stw password due to data breach.’ is closed to new replies.