Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Change of management for Glenmore Campsite
  • oldtennisshoes

Forestry and Land Scotland (FLS) has announced that Twinflower will take on management of the Glenmore campsite on the shores of Loch Morlich.

A new dedicated Scottish outdoor business, Twinflower has been established by the management team behind the multi-award-winning Holdfast Entertainment Company and will commence operating the site from December 1.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.strathspey-herald.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fglasgow-based-nightclub-and-events-business-wins-lease-for-g-294172%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2H-oXTlkACvxxaLJ_79GhYJnTQLmn_Onqo6SAwjnRCle_Jv6zS1jX_8AI

Will be interesting to see how this will pan out. A Glasgow night club and events company at the helm. Not sure it’s any better than the previous incumbents from a localism perspective.

DickBarton

Sounds good…not quite sure what direct experience a Glasgow-based night club and events management team will bring to the table, but suspect there will be a lot of cross-over in places. All sounds good and hopefully it’ll be a success and help sustainable aims and support local community stuff as well.

scotroutes

Should be ok. After all, handing management over to a company with no experience of the sector went well for Cairngorm Mountain and Natural Retreats.

13thfloormonk

Does this affect the Pine Marten at all?

oldtennisshoes

Does this affect the Pine Marten at all?

I don’t think so; there is no connection between the businesses.

irc

A local group who put forward a well funded application backed by Wildlands Scotland didn’t even get on the shortlist.

Forestry and Land Scotland, the public interest and the outsourcing of public assets – the Glenmore campsite in the Cairngorms

13thfloormonk

I don’t think so; there is no connection between the businesses.

Excellent, had always just loosely assumed the Pine Marten was ‘the campsite shop’ sort of thing, have dropped in two or three times in recent years, great wee spot.

BoardinBob

I panicked for a minute and assumed it was Stefan King that had got his grubby hands on it (G1 group – awful pubs and clubs in Glasgow) but it’s actually the people behind The Cathouse and The Garage. A interesting change from their usual line of business!

matt_outandabout

Well, that seems a rather ‘interesting’ decision…

Northwind

I’m sure it’s a good match for their core competency of, er, putting on Wildhearts gigs.

bri-72

Was just looking at booking for Easter or bank hol weekends. £60 a night for a motorhome, it was about £35-£40 under previous management.

Yes, energy prices etc but most other sites we use regularly still in the £30-£40 range p/n.

A no from me.

scotroutes

I’d still be willing to bet it’ll be full on those dates though 😂

bri-72

Yeah doubt my silent protest will make any difference. Interesting to see if they have any investment plans for the site, presumably it’s a longish lease they have. If some of the £60 goes somewhere other than just to operator or FC funds.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.