Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Champions Trophy anyone?
  • lemonysam
    Free Member

I’ve been quite looking forward to this and I don’t normally much like 50 overs matches. Windies sounding pretty strong at the moment whilst Pakistan implode. Hoping for some fireworks from Gayle later.

Clarke out of the tournament (and possibly the summer…) leaves the aussies in a pretty parlous looking state. Saffers not looking especially strong with all their missing players. England getting pretty thoroughly beaten by the Kiwis.

Anyone else listening? Any predictions?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Just Me then…

yossarian
    Free Member

Not just you. I can’t abide one day stuff usually, rounders for the ignorant IMO.

But for some reason this time I’m interested. My prediction is an India – West Indies final. Hope the convicts continue to get slaughtered!

Edric64
    Free Member

rounders for the ignorant IMO.

Thought that was baseball

lemonysam
    Free Member

My prediction is an India – West Indies final.

That seems like a good call at the moment.

Hope the convicts continue to get slaughtered!

A sentiment everyone can agree with.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Windies sounding pretty strong at the moment whilst Pakistan implode.

God, I’d make a piss poor pundit.

maxray
    Free Member

🙂 they are making heavy weather of it.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Pakistan look like they might just do this.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Sooooo… The main event of the weekend, England to bat, can Cook and Bell get a start? Can Trott hurry up a bit? Can Australia remember which end of the bat is which?

yossarian
    Free Member

What’s wrong with Swann? Tell me it’s not his elbow.

jca

Swann has a sore back – elbow not an issue. Mind you, the way Treadwell is bowling he might not get his place back…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

When do we start playing the proper sides then? I mean, not just those teams along to make up the numbers in the tournament?

🙂

yossarian
    Free Member

When do we start playing the proper sides then? I mean, not just those teams along to make up the numbers in the tournament?

😆

I feel a bit sorry for the Aussies. They are total shit at the minute. They know it, we know it and they know we know it.

Long way home with f&ck all to show for it.

lemonysam
    Free Member

In fairness, England hardly looked dominating. What with Trott doing his best Boycott impression and only hardly any boundaries getting scored down the order, England are going to need to bowl like demons (which admittedly they did yesterday) to keep the games tight. Can’t see them beating a team with any kind of flowing batsmen who’ll put them under pressure from the bell – like say the West Indies.

lemonysam
    Free Member

New Zealand still looking like contenders…

slackalice
    Free Member

I feel a bit sorry for the Aussies.

Errr, I don’t think so, remember its not the taking part that counts, it’s grinding them into the turf in the same way they relentlessly did with us for too many years!

Today’s game has the potential for being a goody.

At least Trott was doing a Boycott, rather than a Tavare! 😉

lemonysam
    Free Member

New Zealand still looking like contenders…

and as soon as I said that they turned it into an epic. Great effort to get over the line. I still can’t get used to Malinga’s action but he’s an amazing player.

lemonysam
    Free Member

David Warner attacking Joe Root for wearing a Hashim Amla beard?!

Brilliant.

lemonysam
    Free Member

And now the Aussies are 10-2. Can they beat 62?

slackalice
    Free Member

It may well be that Ravi Bopara has just gone and helped England into the semi’s!!! 28 from the last over, stunning!

England 293 – 7 after 50 overs, with Sri Lanka just about to start their innings. Gripping stuff going on at the Oval folks! 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Champions Trophy anyone?’ is closed to new replies.