Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 300 total)
  • Champions League Final
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

sorry for calling you a cockney Elf, i DID get the first 4 letters right tho, you fake scouse prick, any better 😉

trailmonkey

and football won ……

all the football fans on here recognise that

ignore all the other nonsense

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yeah, but I’m a better footballer than you, a better dancer than you, and better on a bike than you, so ner!

Dunno about the first two, but I’ve seen you fall off on a totally flat featureless bit of grass 😀

oldgrump08
    Free Member

tm – good call 😉

theotherjonv

oi, leave the nets! We need them on Monday

Actually, we’ll make do with one, and swap it at half time. We won’t need one at our end.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Barca are simply the best team I’ve ever watched play football, they just can’t be doing with not having the ball and make damn sure they get it back if they ever loose it.

Messi is also the greatest player I’ve ever seen, do hungry, so skilful and an amazing ability.

We were outplayed, simples

rob-jackson
    Free Member

steve – i totally agree

weedwizard
    Free Member

I went to Liverpool once and was accused of being a cockney. Despite being from the home counties. Also I dont understand why people from the south support teams from the north? You never see someone from yorkshire/lancashire supporting Chelsea? Perhaps you do? Everyone at my school used to support Liverpool’s back in the 80’s. It was acceptable at the time. I bet they all support Chelsea/Man U these days.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh here we go…

bloodynora
    Free Member

** Tannoy ** Plastic Scouser Alert ** Tannoy **

🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am still not sure how good Barcelona REALLY are if we ever get the ball of them perhaps we will find out 😉
    Man u were absolutely played of the park by a superb team performance by barca. Man united are without doubt a superb team and probably the second best team in Europe but for the Barca team to do that to do us [again] speaks volumes about them and their skill rather than ours. There is no shame in loosing a final to that team. They look like they will write their own legends to be honest.
    Nice goal by Rooney in a big game not that it mattered in the end.
    As style in terms of watching I don’t find that pleasing tbh I would rather an EPL humdinger with pace tbh that watch the slow tippy tappy football. However you cannot deny how supremely well they do it or how effective it is- you cant beat them if you never see the ball. Even at corners they played it back into the middle of the pitch rather than actually take a corner 😯
    Fair result overall i would say we were never really in it but we were hanging in for a while.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

sorry for calling you a cockney Elf, i DID get the first 4 letters right tho, you fake scouse prick, any better

Nah, I think I preferred ‘fat cockney four-star’ tbh. 😉

Whassamater, someone wee’d onyour chips, sweetie? Ah, diddums! 😆

Dunno about the first two, but I’ve seen you fall off on a totally flat featureless bit of grass

Shh don’t tell anyone… 😳

trailmonkey

Even at corners they played it back into the middle of the pitch rather than actually take a corner

noted – the question is, why was that happening ? if you know they’re going to do it, limit the option.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m not sure I agree Junky, they bossed us and I can’t disagree with the analysis or the result, but it was up to us to take control. We tried to do what we normally do so successfully and let them come to us, you can’t do that with Messi, and you can’t let the diving (there was diving) put you off the game…

Hadge
    Free Member

Never mind Manure Utd 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

you cant play to your strengths if you dont have the ball and you cant get the ball of them. Diving was near non existent in the game and had no impact on the result.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Shh don’t tell anyone…

Lol, it’s one of my favourite STW ride moments. Watching a legend fall from grace. Like Rocky vs Clubber Lang I tell ye 😆

Don, can only recall a couple of blatant dives, Iniesta I think. OTOH, can’t believe Valencia wasn’t booked earlier. I still don’t really understand Messi. His reputation clearly helps in that people stand off too much. I’d just have clattered him 😯

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

whats better than seeing utd lose, is seeing them get royally dicked!!! Tremendous!!!

Garry_Lager

I’d be pretty disappointed with that if I was a Utd fan. I think the narrative will be how untouchable Barca are and it didn’t matter who and how Utd played, but they could have contested things a lot more IMO. Their midfield was toilet – Giggs and Carrick shouldn’t have been there and Valencia had a bad game.

I guess it’s easy to look outclassed against Barca – for 20 mins at the start of the second half they just took over and it was men against boys.

donsimon
    Free Member

Don, can only recall a couple of blatant dives, Iniesta I think.

More a question of the timing of the dives, just after the goals in a “look what we can do” kind of way.
    Man Utd played it wrong and lost, we have to regroup and improve for next year.
    If I say the ref got in the way in the build up to the first Barça goal, I think I’ll get flamed, so I won’t say it.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Lol, it’s one of my favourite STW ride moments. Watching a legend fall from grace

😀

Was that the Poddy ride, Rich? Totally flat bit, no danger whatsoever, tiny little twig -bosh. Off. 😳

Man united are without doubt a superb team and probably the second best team in Europe

You’re probbly not far off tbh. Mind, I think English footie is a bit stagnant at the mo really; Man U have won the league by apparently not being on top form, but certainly not with the same quality as in previous years, and other clubs have been woefully lacking. Which, considering the money being spent, is a bit rubbish.

you fake scouse prick

Interestingly, this comment came from a Man U fayn, and Wayne Rooney is from where? 😕

Dear oh dear…. 🙄

If I say the ref got in the way in the build up to the first Barça goal, I think I’ll get flamed, so I won’t say it.

Praps best not mention Giggs being just a fraction offside for Rooney’s goal then either, eh? 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

As posted above, Valencia was way out of his depth and poor and giggs pretty much anonymous throughout the game. As a side note, I really wanted united to win purely because they were the English team against Spanish opposition. I have the joy of following derby on a regular basis but country for me will always come before club!!

portlyone

Best team won. Uefa let them…

Ref seemed fair

Carrick s**t again! Fergie lacking balls again…

Next year only Barca can be 700m in debt

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Best result of all though; my new forks turned up today! 😀

Meant to be here yesterday but better late than never. Got a right nice little bargain too!

Hadge
    Free Member

Does anyone think or believe when Liverpool played in ANY European Cup finals that Manure Utd fans would be cheering for them instead of the foreign opposition? Club or country – er no, club rivalry will always exist and hence lots and lots of Man Utd haters will be smiling tonight 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

Hadge, it’s a fact that all pool fans would rather see the entire united team vaporised in a freak overhead napalm accident than see them win the local 5 aside cup. But me, well I don’t give a ****, I’d much rather turn over another country in anything from netball to tiddlywinks rather than lose. Must be the imperialist in me!

donsimon
    Free Member

I’d either not watch as it’d have no interest for me or watch as a neutral, I don’t understand the venom and waste of energy that the sport can produce.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Does anyone think or believe when Liverpool played in ANY European Cup finals that Manure Utd fans would be cheering for them instead of the foreign opposition?

*Waves*
    Instanbul was one of the greatest cup finals how could you not want them to win? Supporting your own club need not involve hating others but sadly it does for many.
    Dont assume everyone is like you
    Yours manure

grum
    Free Member

Supporting your own club need not involve hating others but sadly it does for many.

Hate is a strong word. Man U are undoubtedly a great team, but I enjoy slagging them off – I thought it was known as ‘banter’ usually. 😕 🙂

Still I’m not sure why we should support a team just ‘cos they come from the same country. I support Arsenal in Europe because I admire the way they play(ed), I don’t support Chelsea or Man U.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Perhaps but the tribal element of footbal does not appeal to me tbh.
    YGM

donsimon
    Free Member

Still I’m not sure why we should support a team just ‘cos they come from the same country. I support Arsenal in Europe because I admire the way they play(ed), I don’t support Chelsea or Man U.

A speaker of sense.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Still, United went further than Real, Bayern or Inter, or even Chelsea, being second to Barca is like being second to Contador or Vettel.

portlyone

We’re the second best team in the world and we let in two daft goals, and got beat properly.

There’s a lot of people commenting after the result…

portlyone

273, weyhay!

grum
    Free Member

Perhaps but the tribal element of footbal does not appeal to me tbh.
    YGM

No just pure gloryhunting 😉

Did you not get my reply?

mushrooms
    Free Member

United looked crap, they had 33% possession lol
    It’s because they play in a poor quality league 😐

Lifer
    Free Member

Was so close with my prediction, 4-1 and 75% possesion!

Love watching Barca, a team that isn’t afraid to go backwards when nothing’s on.

As style in terms of watching I don’t find that pleasing tbh I would rather an EPL humdinger with pace tbh that watch the slow tippy tappy football.

“EPL humdinger with pace” usually means long ball yawn fest. Premier League football is dull dull dull FACT. (Repetition, fact and capitals so I’m totally right). Do people still believe it’s the best league in the world?

I usually support the team I dislike least, and Man Utd are easy to dislike – Rooney when he starts throwing his arms about like a petulant child and Ferguson is one of the most unpleasent men in football, chewing like a demented cow with a constant look as if someone shat in his vicks inhaler. Putting him next to Guardiola was just unfair.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Elf as if i am a man utd fan, far from it mate

NZCol

Great game that as a neutral. Barca were superb in the possession stakes. Good goals.

Junkyard
    Free Member

EPL humdinger with pace” usually means long ball yawn fest.

And yet it it is described without using any of those words. Counter attacking, end to end, lots of chances that sort of thing. In that form no one can beat Barca but it is not the most excting thing/game you will see on a football pitch that is all.

Do people still believe it’s the best league in the world?

entertaining not best – does it not generate more sales as a product than la liga?

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 300 total)

The topic ‘Champions League Final’ is closed to new replies.