Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 300 total)
  • Champions League Final
  • portlyone

1. Who’ll win it?
    2. Where’re you watching it?
    3. Who’re the neutrals supporting?
    4. How many times will S. Biscuits feign dying?

mogrim

Hopefully watch it with my neighbour. He’s Spanish. I’ll be supporting Barca, he’ll be going with ManU.

mudmonster
    Free Member

3-1 Barca

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to the game and loddrik on this thread in equal measure.

You think Liverpool fans are bad…I just heard an Everton fan on the radio saying he was supporting Man Utd just to see the look on Liverpool fans’ faces if they won 😆

portlyone

1. Utd, 2 – 0
    2. Rammed into a bar in Manchester somewhere
    3. Not a neutral 😉
    4. see 3 🙂

Saccades
    Free Member

1. Who’ll win it? United, 3-0 (park, hernandez, rooney)
    2. Where’re you watching it? Living room unfortunatly.
    3. Who’re the neutrals supporting? N/A
    4. How many times will S. Biscuits feign dying? 46.

BoardinBob

1. Who’ll win it? United, 3-0 (park, hernandez, rooney)

I’ll have a pint of whatever you’re drinking

GlitterGary
    Free Member

1. Barcelona.
    2. I won’t.
    3. Barcelona.
    4. 6.3

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Looking forward to an exciting game, with lots of fast flowing, beautiful football, not a ‘park the bus’ bore-fest then penalties. Unless it’s 3-3 after extra time of course…

1. Barça hopefully.
    2. Not sure; possibly at a Man U fayn’s house….
    3. Barça of course! 🙂
    4. How many times will Nani dive and feign injury did you say? As many as possible.

Hairychested
    Free Member

1. Man Utd 3 – Barcelona 2
    2. At home
    3. Man Utd
    4. Half of what any Barca player will

binners

1) 3-2 United (after extra time)
    2) In the pub in Town with all the lads and a couple of token blues, who aren’t even that bitter anymore now they’ve some silverware
    3) Who cares. **** ’em! 😉
    4) They’ll go down like there’s snipers in the Wembley stands, any time Vidic breathes near them.

I reckon it’ll be a belter of a game. Its definitely the two best teams in Europe meeting in the final. There’s no way it’ll be a repeat of last time when, if I’m honest, they just took us apart. It was a lesson.

You don’t get to pull something like that off twice against a manager like Fergie. We’ll be a lot more defensive, then hit them on the break. I expect to see Man Yoo being happy to let Barca pass it around between themselves for long periods, as long as they don’t look TOO threatening

I CAN’T BLOODY WAIT!!!!!! Victory parade through Manchester on Monday for the Premiership. It’d nice to have another trophy to keep it company 😀

billysugger
    Free Member

I hate Man U, Orange Five/Audi/iPhone… owners so naturally I’ll be supporting the team from another country.

Being serious…
    1.United 1-0 (but a good game)
    2.A bar that doesn’t have the person described above in it
    3.Barca obviously
    4.Might be easier to count those staying on their feet, for both sides sadly

It’s been revealed Ryan Giggs’ wife has just left him. She’s got half of everything. She now has 6 more Premier League medals than Steven Gerrard.

portlyone

Just read that Utd are planning a 3-4-3 formation if we need a goal. Looks like attacking carnage will ensue, 6-5 anyone?

binners

Rooney, Berbatov and Hernandez up front? That’d be fantastic 😀
    It certainly worked when he used to do it with Rooney, Tevez and Ronnie

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Delusional fools!

😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Always love binners’ pre match analysis.

I don’t often agree with Lineker but I think he was correct when he said that Utd need Barca to have an off-day to beat them. The two best teams? Yeah probably but really it’s Barcelona versus possibly the best of the rest. Tbf to Utd, they did have an off day at the last final between the two. Good as Barca were on the day.

All that said, I can see Utd scoring at least one. If Vidic manages to stay on the field for ninety minutes, or not get himself an early yellow, then they can defend a lead if they need to.

Should be a fantastic game though. Just hoping for no diving from either side, though I suspect Guardiola will be telling his attackers to go down anytime Vidic so much as looks at them. The ref will probably fall for it too.

binners

I think Lineker was on the money there too DD. That if we play them ten times we’d probably beat them once or twice. I think Saturday may be that ‘once’ though.

Carrick needs to have the game of his life, but he’s on form at the moment. He was the weak link last time out. And they’ll definitely target Vidic with the Amateur Dramatics. I’m worried that he might get sucked in the way he used to against Torres. Back in the day, when Torres knew where the goal was 😉

Its going to be a fantastic match, whatever happens

trailmonkey

I can’t quite see what all this expectation of Utd win is based on, they seem like massive underdogs to me and i think that Barca should be comfortable winners

I’ll be watching at home with a few beers

I’ll be hoping that Utd win as my second team is Real Madrid

I think there’ll be quite a few players on the pitch trying to con the ref. I wouldn’t single out one in particular.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

There’s some properly good analysis here:

http://www.zonalmarking.net/

1. Barca, although I’m a Man Utd fan. As long as Carrick is on the field I’ll be fearful.
    2. At girlfriend’s sisters house, trying to block out all the other noise.
    3. Stuff ’em
    4. I’d be surprised if it ends up 11 v 11. Barca should be better than diving but I fear they aren’t.

portlyone

I think Utd need to score first to have any real hope of winning to be honest.

Barca can, and usually do, strangle the life out of an open, attacking game by just passing it around their back four ad nauseum.

Garry_Lager

Neutral-ish, don’t mind who wins. Be good to see Utd gut one out 1-0. OTOH, would be entertaining to see Barca hand out a steam-rollering, 5-1 or something of that ilk. Don’t want to see a repeat of last time were Barca keep the football and win by a couple.

From a Utd perspective it would be helpful if Rooney showed up. Tight game without seeing much of the ball can bring out his worst performances – dragged off after 60 mins with a cob on, that sort of thing. If he’s composed and shows his class he’ll make a difference.

grum
    Free Member

1/ Barcelona
    2/ Home probably
    3/ Barcelona
    4/ Dunno but as above Nani will be the biggest cheat on the pitch

There’s no way it’ll be a repeat of last time when, if I’m honest, they just took us apart.

Brave words my friend! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

4/ Dunno but as above Nani will be the biggest cheat on the pitch

Alves and Busquets make Nani look like Messi*, when it comes to falling over.

*As in Messi rarely goes down:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWl-GziSGCo[/video]

binners

Brave/Foolish Grum. Same thing really. I’m in optimist mode at the moment 😀

Nani will be the biggest cheat on the pitch

I doubt he’ll be on the pitch. He almost certainly won’t start. Valencia is on much better form at the moment, and is automatic first choice.

And if we do lose, I’m blaming Jamie

fatboyslo
    Free Member

1/ Barca … hopefully.
    2/ At home in fantastic high def
    3/ Barca 😀 ( MOT 😉 says it all )
    4/ ?? a better question is how many players Manure will finish the game with ……. if 11 it will be a better game but I fear that frustration at chasing the ball will set in and they may well resort to type and starting kicking folks, if that happens I can’t see Vidic lasting 90 minutes and others could be off even quicker

grum
    Free Member

I doubt he’ll be on the pitch.

That’s nice, it must be very embarrassing for you to have to support a team with him playing in it. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

1. Not sure tbh closer than some think IMHO barca favourites though
    2. With family in a room full of man U fans – sadly offline.
    3. Depends how bitter they are – see elfin for example
    4. Hopefully a good game it would be excellent to see a friendly between the two of them when they both go for it and a 7-4 win for someone

Last one Man U were as poor as Barca were good and we beat them over two legs [ missing a penalty at theirs]
    they are vulnerable when teams have a go at them and i dont think their defence can defend as well asthe rest of the team can play.
    I would pay good money to see vidic and puyol get a 15 yds run up to a 50/50 though
    hopefuly no diving

hurrah grum is here to mock United – the only thing he knows about football is that he hates ManU he takes his politics of envy and applies it sports he does not even follow

Saccades
    Free Member

I can’t quite see what all this expectation of Utd win is based on, they seem like massive underdogs to me and i think that Barca should be comfortable winners

Have you looked at Utd’s european record this year?

In the last final when we met we had them looking rocky for the first 15-20 minutes or so. Their goal killed it for us though. As mentioned before, if Vidic can stay on the pitch (more because Barca will try to make him look clumsey) for 90 minutes and we don’t conceed an early goal we’ll do it.

Barca get tested against Real Madrid and whatever big teams they meet in the CL as their league is such a 2 horse race, Utd face a higher standard of opposition week in, week out and whatever they meet in the CL.

binners

Its not TOO embarrassing. Remember: He’s Sunday league in the diving stakes compared to Ronnie before him.

And no-one can compete with Barca for falling over. Well… maybe Drogba, but then he’s only a small bloke so its understandable 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

drogba strength of a bull pain threshold of a butterfly

grum
    Free Member

hurrah grum is here to mock United – the only thing he knows about football is that he hates ManU he takes his politics of envy and applies it sports he does not even follow

😆

I see my campaign of Man U based trolling has succeeded in winding you up. 😛

TBH I don’t follow football that much these days – cliche I know but I think somewhere along the line it has lost it’s ‘soul’. Will probably watch this though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Drogba is Ironman compared to Rivaldo:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgfRCa71Kmw[/video]

grum
    Free Member

The man is a genius.

spacemonkey

The pessimistic side of me sees;

– United failing to show up in the first 30 mins, during which Barca score twice (remember how shocking we were at Anfield and the Emirates this year)
    – Vidic gets sent off on the stroke of half-time
    – United restrict themselves to taking pot-shots from 30yds (a la Ronaldo of 09)
    – Barca hit on the counter and finish 4-0 winners

And the more optimistic side of me sees (believes);

– Both team a mixture of nerves interspersed with moments of creativity
    – United decide to up the tempo
    – Barca get upset that the side they’re playing can’t be bullied like their usual weekly fodder
    – United go 1-0 up through Rooney on the half-hour mark
    – United then sit back allowing Barca space – which results in a Villa equaliser
    – Barca start the second half on fire and go 2-1 up courtesy of Messi
    – United on the ropes until making it 2-2 with a Ferdinand header from a lucky corner
    – With E/T approaching, Giggs slips Hernandez clear and the boy coolly slots home to grab the winner

If the game is anything like that, then I’ll be an absolute wreck and will most likely need new pants.

Junkyard
    Free Member

grum it was meant to be a humorous comment.

It has lost it’s soul in the sense the team has no loyalty to the club and are there mainly for the money – see rooney this season for example

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Remember this one? Went down, then got up and had a tantrum, then fell over again. Over a little scratch! 😆

Love the way Gerrard’s standing over him going ‘get up you cheating ponce!’ 😆

WCA woon’t even consider that an ‘injury’, as it din’t require an ambulance. 🙂

spacemonkey

Remember this one? went down, then got up and had a tantrum, then fell over again. Over a little scratch!

That’ll be because of this then:

grum
    Free Member

grum it was meant to be a humorous comment.

Nice try. 😛

Er….. elfin, wouldn’t that be the occasion when he was actually injured?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Come off it. I’ve had worse than that in a game, and played on.

This is a proper injury:

Oh, but he played on though….

binners

If the game is anything like that, then I’ll be an absolute wreck and will most likely need new pants.

I dread to bloody think what my mental state will be if it plays out like that Spacemonkey. My safety valve for matches like that tends to be to drink at three times the rate I would normally. I can’t help it 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 300 total)

The topic ‘Champions League Final’ is closed to new replies.