Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)
  • champery = wet….
  • Northwind

Highlights are usually on freecaster a couple of days later. Though it won’t be the same without the comedy of the early runners to give it the buildup :mrgreen:

flipiddy
    Free Member

I thought the way Warner was talking a few weeks ago sounded like an unofficial goodbye from freecaster, not cool.

http://freecaster.tv/mountainbike/1017572/santa-cruz-course-ride-presented-by-fox-racing-shox-world-championships-2011

Anyone notice how Warner crashed into the Rocky Roads banner at 1:37?

Bit of a subtle dig at the WC sponsors for next year? Have they cut funding for the Freecaster team for 2012?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I think that was the best mountain biking I’ve ever seen, from the winner. It was shockingly good. It made many of the other elite riders look like numpties at times.

Wow!

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Two observations:
    – The gap between 1st and 2nd is a larger gap than between 2nd and 15th.
    – If Troy Brosnan was old enough, he would have been second in the senior men’s race.

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

conditions changed a fair bit between the juniors and the main event, though i imagine he’d have done pretty well..

Blower
    Free Member

even if Gwin had’nt come off still unsure he would have had Hart.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Another observation….Danny’s average speed was nearly 4kph faster than 2nd place spagnolo!!!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Damn, it’s almost as exciting reading this thread as watching the real thing – just got in from a ride and came here first for updates. Well done Danny!!!!

Blower
    Free Member

could do with a link to Danny’s run once it gets out.

Clink

bloody fantastic!! got to see this somewhere?

Rickos
    Free Member

Bizarre how all the winning margins across all the categories are so massive. Manon – 14 seconds; Troy – 12 seconds; Ragot – 15 seconds; Danny – 11 and a bit.

kudos100
    Free Member

One of the most exciting mtb races I have ever seen! Danny harts run was sublime. The only rider to take the inside line and do the drop, plus a big whip at the end!

Who knows if gwin would have caught him up, if he had stayed on………

Clink

and no coverage on either Brit Cycling or BBC sports site yet – utter rubbish 👿

edd

Hart – LEGEND!

showerman
    Free Member

have been in lez gets all week rode over to see the course twice during the week when it was free entry the course was mega mega steep,crap stands and set up though.weather good all week tee shirts and shorts till last night when the heavens opened around 5ish till 4ish this morning now home in the sun shine again. 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

2 words:

holy tits!

that is all.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Epitome of sportsmanship by Mr Gwin? from twitter:

Such a sick day in the rain, stoked on riding, not stoked on catch netting gettin in my way! haha Huge congrats to Danny, good ride champ!

I have more and more respect for Aaron every race.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

So Gwynn’s crash was catching his bar end on the netting – aw gawd how bad luck is that?!

Clink

stanfree
    Free Member

Not long in from a ride and was saying to a few posters on here how much Hart deserves to win , well chuffed for the boy. Gwin has been amazing but Harts runs have been the most exciting of the season . Good to have a british world champ again.
    Must be a great feeling for Harts parents who have obviously spent a fortune supporting the lad in his sport.

robsoctane
    Free Member

I had my fingers crossed all the way down for Danny. I needn’t have bothered, eh? That lad is pure spectator bliss. Speed, style & a bit of cheeky fun to go with it all = Deserves to stand on that box & wear the rainbow stripes. 😀

He made the rest of the field look like they weren’t trying. 😯

I was even more thrilled for Danny when Gwinn was a second down on his time at split 1.

Got to say, £15 for that was worth it in the end. That’s not how I was feeling all through the women’s race though. I hope my DVD will be better & I get to see more than 10 seconds of Rach.

Hart will be the one to beat on every MAN track now.

packer
    Free Member

Awesome!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afY1AJpGRrk[/video]

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I just sent this 😆

Dear BBC

I just paid Freecaster 15 Euros to watch the UCI Downhill World Championships, this year in Champery and it was worth every cent.

Yet again, a Brit wins the biggest mountain bike race in the world – 19yo Danny Hart. And former World Champion, British cyclist Rachel Atherton wins second in the women’s. Another Brit, Bredon Fairclough came fourth.

Danny winning run may be acknowledged as the greatest race run in the 20 year history of the sport, taking lines on the treacherous course that others crashed on or were frightened of, styling up the 50ft jump into the finish and smashing the time by a massive 11 seconds.

Not a whisper on your website. It’s a national disgrace.

Clink

Not a whisper on your website. It’s a national disgrace.

2nd that

Petition to Govt?

weare138
    Free Member

Danny Champion of the World

biscuit
    Free Member

lets not forget manon carpenter womens junior champ too.

awesome race, harts run made it worth the fee on its own!

Gary_C

Well done Danny Hart, World Downhill Champion !!

StuE
    Free Member
    ComradeD
    Free Member

Unreal run by Danny Hart. Loved it how Warner and Page got carried away with it all. Well worth 15 euros

kimbers

awesome work dany!

sniff
    Free Member

Glad I paid for freecaster – flawless coverage and top racing.

Whip pic…..

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04092011/5/photo/04092011164330.html

Northwind

ComradeD – Member

Loved it how Warner and Page got carried away with it all.

I liked their total disinterest in poor ol Gee Atherton… “Oops, he’s fallen off again, who cares!”

Jamie
    Free Member

So if I want to see Danny’s run, one has to subscribe to the season pass on freecaster? Or are the replays free after a certain point?

flipiddy
    Free Member

Someone had their crystal ball out here. This is ace (found on twitter somewhere): http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomlevell/73567571/in/photostream/

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Flipiddy – that’s brilliant, and spooky too! That pic on Eurosport gives you some idea of how mad wet it was. Immense.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

FYI

If that massive whip had gone wrong, he’d have been berated for the rest of his career. What a hero at just 19.

Rorschach
    Free Member

😯 WTF is that boy like?

robsoctane
    Free Member

@sniff: ‘flawless coverage’ – did you not see the women’s race? That was the most annoying Freecaster has been so far in my opinion.

Danny’s run was worth the £15 though, all by itself. 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The women’s race “mess” was caused by the event organisation. The juniors racing ran late, possibly due to the number of crashes. The Women’s were delayed so they let them go with very short gaps. The filming company, not Freecaster, got into mess trying to show all the riders. Rob was getting really peeved!

More of DH

BruceK
    Free Member

What a star!
    Any idea if it will be on anything other than Freecaster?..the World Cup is usually one Eurosport a couple of days later, but cannae find any mention on the website. Need to see this!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘champery = wet….’ is closed to new replies.